Chapter 19

"Aww, come on Emmi. You know I didn't mean it." Blake caught up with me easily, placing his hand on my shoulder to slow me down. I tried shrugging it off, but he was too strong. "Yeah, whatever," I mumbled, before speeding up, but Blake still managed to keep up his pace. 

"I was joking! You looked so down, so I decided to do that!" He defended himself, and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Sure, sure. Now please, I want to go meet Randy and Darren." I told him, but he still didn't let go. "Come on, don't go to them! Pleaseeee?" He asked desperately, and I couldn't help but giggle at his tone. I had never heard that desperation in his voice, and it was truly hilarious. He sounded like.. A nerd that was chasing after a popular chick. His voice had a pinch of despair in it. It made me stop in my tracks. 

"Blake Richards, biggest player yet, whining in desperation?" I taunted, clutching my stomach in laughter. His face collapsed for a moment, and he looked at the ground in embarrassment, before his face brightened up again. Talk about bi-polar. 

"Really? I was whining?" He asked innocently blinking his eyes, and I felt confused. "Yes, I remember you were!" I insisted, and he smiled like those cheshire cats. "Reaally?" He dragged the word out, and I nodded. He was so weird. Just then, I noticed Mackenzie lurking behind one of those big oak trees or something, and felt the need to mark my territory. 

"Hey Blake, come closer." I said softly, and he obeyed, his head leaning forward. "Closer.." I breathed, and he listened once again. Then, I crashed my lips onto his. At first, he was still from the shock probably, but he got into it. He tilted his head to deepen the kiss, and ran his tongue along my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I eagerly opened my mouth, and our tongues collided. 

When we were done with our intense make-out session, we were both breathing heavily and panting for air. I smiled at Blake, and he returned it. "Our first proper kiss, huh?" He said, and I let out a chortle of laughter. Then, I turned my head to see if Mackenzie was still there. She wasn't- Our kissing probably made her want to cry.

Suddenly, the first period bell rang, and I snapped out of whatever I was in. "Blake, we needa get to class," I asserted, and grabbed his hand, dragging him into the building. Our first period class was art. 

"I can't believe we have to do this!" Blake cried out loud from the next to me, and threw his paint brush onto the ground in a fit of anger. We were given a bowl of grapes to draw, and from what I could see, Blake's drawing looked more like a piece of poop. "It's okay, calm down. Umm, try to copy my strokes," I soothed him by patting his arm, and he turned to look at my drawing, his eyebrows furrowed. 

I went back to my drawing and sharpened my pencil before starting to sketch the tiny round grapes. I even bothered to draw little water droplets from where the art teacher squirted it.

When I was done, I turned to see Blake’s, and it was better than before. Now, it looked like a clump of raspberries. Not that good, but not that bad. “Just separate them and then shade.” I told him, while helping him erase the ugly marks. He nodded, before getting back to work. 

* * *

"I don't deserve a D." Blake grumbled, glaring at nothing in particular. Blake had kind-of messed up his grape drawing, and the teacher gave him a D. I, on the other hand, got an A! "It's alright, Blakey." I smirked at him, before linking my arm with his.