Chapter 14 ✓

Chapter 14

EDITED.

Mikaela's words sent most us into a frenzy - Alison collapsed on the ground, being the big drama queen she usually was. Deanne, being the most emotionless among us, stood their sullenly. Massie, being that annoying bimbo she was, stood there weeping, and me, being me, stood there, thinking of what had happened.

Mikaela smirked at us, before explaining that it was today's competition. She started rambling about how this proves if we love the dude or not, because if we did, we would be able to sense when they were near. I didn't believe her one bit- Who knew if it was true or not? She then started talking about The Hunger Games and how she kind-of based this competition on it. 

"We're gonna draw lots, and then pick our packs based on it. Each pack is different, remember!" Mikaela squealed, leading us to a mahogany, Keyword, mahogany, table in the middle of our campsite. There were four identical bagpacks on the table.

"I'm gonna draw your name, the first one gets to pick!" She told us excitedly, shaking a shoebox with four names written on folded paper. She stuck her hand in, and pulled out a paper with my name on it. 

I pondered which bag to take, and finally decided to take the middle. One of the butlers led me to some starting point and took out a stopwatch.

"Miss, your timing starts now. If you don't get back in two hours, you shall be eliminated."

He sounded the horn, and I somewhat sprinted into the forest. When I reached a tall pine tree, I stopped, panting heavily, remembering about that bagpack. I fumbled for a minute, before managing to open the zipper. Inside the bag was stuff that were half useless, half useful. There was a swiss army knife, a nail filer, a whistle, a rope, a tiny glow-stick and a map thing. As everyone can see, the filer was completely useless.

I unfolded the map, looking for the 'X' or something to mark where Blake was, and spotted a tiny red dot a few minutes later-It was in the opposite direction I was walking in. I quickly did a mini U-turn and started walking towards wherever. It felt weird though- I couldn't exactly explain the feeling, but it wasn't right.

After walking around for a period of time, I spotted my destination - A big, oak tree with a giant hole carved in the middle. It was only when I neared it, that I noticed Massie, Alison and Deanne were there as well!

"Why are you weirdos here?" Massie sneered at us, giving us the look that all popular girls, or popular wannabes gave the rest of the school, i.e me. I raised one eyebrow in confusion.

"Why are you here?" Deanne asked Alison quietly, and she shrugged.

"Did Mikaela put all the guys together?" I asked, more to myself than to them, but they still answered.

They replied with a range of answers: 

"She didn't say anything."

"Who gives a damn, b!tches! I'm gonna win this game!"