BONUS SCENE: Orc & Imp

Nexias

Grand Nexus Point - Metro-Network of the Multiverse

So, an orc and an imp walked into a bar.

There wasn't a bit of a joke to be had there.

But in all seriousness, an orc and an imp did walk into a bar. An orc named Grishok, and an imp named Takanome, walking right into a great big discord of voices, hundreds of gums running behind flapping lips. The loud-mouths struggled against the music, electronic beats dirtier than a trap street hooker that dropped harder than a grim-jawed dragon whacked on the head by Ricven's mean pole (and that wasn't to be mistaken as a sexual innuendo, at all. Aside from the first part). The crowd was bizarre, men, women, Martians, reptilians, strange jelly people, and other strange freaks of nature that all would find much offense to if one were so brave and stupid to call them freaks.

Grishok and Takanome wound their way through the busy sea of bodies for a seat at a booth overlooking all that settled here—they preferred to survey the crowd for reasons yet to be revealed. A rocket-propelled plate with extendable arms, white-gloved hands, and a bowtie dressing the plate's steel rim, thrust their way and issued the two customers separate menus before rocketing off into the noisy mobs beyond.

Before the orc and imp could get bored with their menus, a big breasted waitress, whose butt was cute but smaller than her infamous bust size, sauntered to their table. Breast so big that they were like magnetism to Grishok's swelling brown eyes. Never mind how she had a pretty face, hazel eyes, brown skin, and blood-orange hair twisted into many locks.

And while she had to have endured enough ogling eyes at her busty blimp twins to not mind Grishok's, the waitress was awfully surprised at them, too. Grishok was green with white spots speckled all over him and his copper hair was high and tight in one serious-looking fade. Takanome had skin like the beach sands striped in ivory and the most striking pink eyes ever seen. He also had spikes about his skull. Similar to a particular double-bladed lightsaber-wielding Sith Lord and frosty White Walker. In fact, if said Sith Lord and White Walker had a love child (oddly); Takanome would be it.

Oh... They were also armed to the teeth. Grishok more than Takanome. A few blades, guns, and one big-ass-gun that could blow one's body to oblivion dressed the orc's armor. The imp, strangely, had none.

"Normally we get a couple of swords, a few guns, some atomizers and every once in a blue sun we have ourselves the strangest of space-bending gizmos, but you two..."

"Can't be too careful nowadays," Grishok told the waitress. He eyed Takanome for a second, who looked mighty interested in his menu, then back at the waitress. He managed to look her in the eyes this time. "Gotta pack some extra insurance. Know what I'm saying?"

The waitress chuckled in agreement. Still intrigued. She eyed every weapon exposed to her, from the smaller guns stuck in their holsters to the big one nesting on Grishok's back. Even the swords and daggers that could carve a shark into a holiday turkey if so (was that even possible?). "So, what's the occasion? Both of you looking like a pair of war-happy mercs. Far from the petty bounty type. This place hasn't seen any action since 7 Sector 7 and that was a front row seat for us slum folk."

"We're on an important mission from God," Takanome told her with sarcasm so thick that the poor woman didn't notice how satirically cynical he was.

So much that her perfect face brightened with green-eyed intrigue. "Oh?"

"Yeah," said Grishok. He went along with Takanome's ironic response. Synced to the clever flow. Void of suspicion. Luckily. "An urgent task that only us can see to its fated end."