EPISODE 22: Hell of a Homicide!

"Nyx is bounded to Sirra's abysmal realms, one with the Oblivius Planes of Black—as you know to be the Dark Abyss. Its existence is without judgment, and not for the just."

The firm voiced Hanakin meditated, or was, inside her dim lit chambers. Sirran texts and occult symbols clothed the entire room; with Hanakin, less dressed in a dark bosom wrap and loincloth, resting still and mean in its black candle-lit center of eerie-toned kindles. Her chamber, out of everyone else, was the most dismal; not many had the chance to grace her level of cabalistic impressions and speak about it. Not that they graced her dark piece of grim solace and perished, it was because none had the balls to visit her while in this sort of element.

Who would? Hanakin. Scared. Everyone.

Almost everyone. Ricven and Fae visited Hanakin's creepy abode of bone-chilling furnishings without fear. His prior musings about the child he met in the gardens, Noboo, who hailed from Nyx, the subject of the moment. A child in Nyx was unheard of, but it never truly crossed Ricven's mind on how little people can get caught in the voids of all things hellish. Why would he? Hanakin seemed to be unfazed about it, so, it must've happened before, right? As he bugged her for her precious time, she ended her own ruminations for his sudden curiosities vacant of retaliation. For when Ricven got curious when that brain kicked with pressing questions, it was for a damn good reason...

...or, face the estrogenic wrath of a fiend-fused baroness. There was nothing queenly in term about that, either, in Hanakin's case.

She was the right woman to contact. Hanakin was a Sirran native of Sirra realm, one of the surviving clanswomen of the Vunkata, an indigenous tribe privy to the manipulations of the dark supernatural. As a kindred perk, Hanakin harbored a thick perception in the demonic way, something that her fiendish left arm—now in its docile state of sleeping red fissures upon impenetrable black—posed as a prime testament to her demonic know how; and the pure fact she sought to KILL every last damn one of them!

Hearing about children among demons, still, was nothing new to her.

"Damn. So, kids get swallowed like bite size tike-nuggets," Ricven said, his inquiries clarified without argument as he stood there with his left hand on a hip, staring at the back of Hanakin's heavy head of wicked mane. Her hair—her entire body even—a darker shade, veiled by the shadows that roamed thick about the chamber. The woman loved her shadows, and her wicked arm feasted upon it tirelessly.

"Yes," Hanakin replied straight up, and Fae shivered near Ricven at her answer.

"Grim shit," he said with an unwanted sigh to his voice—as if no care could be given—and clapped his hands once, bare skin slapped mythic silver. "Whelp! Is what it is."

"That's not right," Fae disagreed. "Not right at all!"

Ricven knew it, too, and still, he shrugged. "I know."

Hanakin pressed on. "Why so curious?"

"Ran into a kid outside. More like she ran into me, well, her ball shot first." He found a stool next to her seated station on the floor, and rested his rear upon it; careful not to land a steel-toed foot on the chalk-like rings and glyphs enclosing her like a ritual session minus the sacrificial goat. He noticed the large chest next to him and its wood surface occupied by a bronze plate rimmed with silver; littered with crumbs... Klarissa's sweets. Fae drifted curiously across the room, the only cosmic kindle of silvery blue versus Hanakin's abysmal candle light. "Figured...maybe she pranced on out of another world through some sort of migration or something." He eyed Hanakin's black candles idly; the flames far from a natural fiery color, redder than usual actually, and the candles themselves pulsed in a bloody glow throughout its etchings about its wax. "I did notice a few Gaiean residents there," he carried on, "Others I haven't got a clue on. Their swag a different gig, as if they hailed from the dunes." He shrugged, totally clueless. "Hunter's room and board mission maybe?"