I reached down and touched her quickly color fading face. Her eyes were still open, the look of fear that she had only a few minutes ago, gone. That would soon be replaced by a never ending hungry look that felt the need for flesh.

I looked down to her chest and saw the metal was black. It was a piece of the metal box, it covered in thick blood. Her own blood dripping down to her body, like her blood wanted to join her body again. To never have left. But alas it was only gravity doing what it does.

Gravity is much like people. It brings people down, has them falling until they hit rock bottom.

A white hot flash of pain struck through my right hand as I gripped onto something sharp. My mind was leaving the present.

Bloody carpet,
Bullet wound.
Too young,
Screaming.
Dead,
Pain.
G O N E. G O NE. G ONE. GONE. gone.

The external pain subsides. My mind does not like me. What so fucking ever. Her laughter sounds like music to my ears until I remember that it will never happen again. She's gone but she's happier there. Not stuck here with Them or the dead ones.

"What the fuck."

". . ." I had no response. If I were to see myself gripping the bloodied object that killed my family I'd think I was crazy. Especially with the crazy look that was surfacing on my eyes.

I really hate Keenes advice, "Don't care. Don't share. Keep that shit inside. It does no good to others. There you go, there's advice."

I stood up slowly as I looked over at the sad looking humans. They were hurt and confused. I ignored their looks and continued to the flipped over Chevy. I tugged the dead ones body away from the window with a struggle. No one was there to help me. why would they? They just lost someone.

I kneel and crawl through the hole of a window, I grab what I see. A sniper, a knife, my bag, the photo, the map and the walkie talkie. The rest is still wedged in the trunk, the only thing holding up everything from falling was the secured tarp. That wasn't going to last long.

We need a new car. "I'm gonna go walk ahead for a car. I'll be back soon."

I wasn't sure they had heard what I said but I wanted to leave them alone. While they do their own things. I walked the direction we were going, the rain starting to return and come down hard. It felt like the hail was being thrown at my skin.

I'm not sure how far I walked until I found the rusting family can I the middle of the road. It was odd to see a car of any sort in the middle of the road unless you were on a highway. This time I very slowly make my way towards the drivers window, this time I also don't have a strong women to protect me.

Gone. They're all gone. Gone.

I look at the side view mirror and see a lone dead one weakly moaning, scratching against the worn seats. I grab a hold of the grey handle that opens the door and tug. The door nudges but doesn't open.

To get more leverage, I place my left leg in the door and continue the pulling. It buffed once more until the rust lets go of its hold and released the door. Out comes the dead one, falling face first on my foot. I pull my back my foot and stomp on the head so fast like it's become a reflex to kill that easily.

Stomp, crunch. Stomp, crack. Stomp, squish. Stomp, long dead.

I climb into the drivers seat and look back. There are three rows of seats, each row having three seats. The front row, middle seat, has a baby seat already buckled in. The keys are left in the ignition key hole only halfway turned. I turned the keys forty five degrees and nothing but a rumble sounds. I try again to hear the sound of an engine loudly starting.