Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen:

The long car ride began once more after Carl and Michonne wondered out to raid another convenience store. My body was pushed into the middle seat, feeling the heat of plastic against my body from the sun warming it and Carls body warmth. I felt like I was overheating but I was only over exaggerating.

It wasn't even over seventy five degrees from what the old thermometer said, we got it at a bar a few stops back. Maybe it was because three women and one man were stuck in car that didn't have the windows rolled down. Or just my predicament of being in the middle of everything.

"How long have we been driving for? It's not nearly dark." I heard Sasha say over the music which was currently playing Nirvana.

"Well we have been for about 3 hours since the bar near the woods. All we have, what, five hours left. Give or take." Michonne said as she paid attention to the empty road.

It's not like you're going to pass a couple cars or see people walking along the road casually so the driver would just veer in between or on the lines that once separated the sides of the road. I tried my best to stare out the window, my only current way of distracting that didn't involve interacting with another human.

As my head rested on between the warm plastic bin and the seat, I stared out the tinted window and tried to think. I succeeded in thinking but nothing was really positive.

'Where is she? Who was that gunshot meant for? What if Carl really got bit?' I felt tears start to prick my (e/c) eyes as I tried to think.

Just as one single tear dropped down my cheek, a rough thumb gently wiped it away. I turned around, slightly surprised, to see Carl staring straight at me.

"What's wrong?" His one eye pleading to know the answer.

"Nothing is wrong Carl." Now that was an obvious lie and he knew it.

"You're not going to say that again. Last time you did this, you were so distant and some people were actually worried for you." Carl said quietly as the other two were still up front.

"Uh huh." I began to stare off again but instead felt a hand pushing my face towards their own.

"Don't blockade your feelings now (y/n)." I saw Carl look up front, seeing the two women busy focusing on an old map or the road.

I then turned my vision back to Carl just as he scooted closer my body. He put his hand on my left shoulder, then pulling me into a small kiss. His chapped lips met my own lips and stayed there only for a few seconds. As Carl pulled away, I could feel the stares coming from the driver and passenger seats.

"Hey, no making out in the car whenever I am in the car. I don't need to be frightened by whatever you two will do." Michonne jokes around slightly.

"One, that was not making out and two, I'm pretty sure that making out will not scare you." I said back, with hopefully the same joking time. I don't need to give someone some more attitude.

"You never know. I could walk in on you two doing something way worse. Wait, did you guys ever get The Talk?" As soon as Michonne said those words, I hid my face even more into Carl's broad shoulder.

"Really Michonne? I think we both know how everything works by now."

"Really! Then pop quiz. Where does the sperm enter the body through, Carl?" Michonne then started the most uncomfortable talk on this small car ever.

"The vagina." I looked up and saw the redness adorning Carls pale face.

"Right. (Y/n), where do the eggs meet up with the sperm and when?"