Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen:

When I felt myself begin to wake up, I expected sunlight to shine through my eyelids not have my face covered. I slowly lifted my arm and removed the piece of cloth away from my face. As I sat up, I groggily put the cloth in the light to see what it exactly was.

As I gained focus, I saw that it was a familiar grey and blue flannel but the owner was not attached to it. I looked around the room but no one else was there. I quickly stood up and reached up on the top bunk looking for Thalia. But instead only earning myself whiplash.

I started to walk over to the door, feeling the urge to eat, when bits and pieces of what had happened came back in my mind. Just like when Milia died, it came like water rushing out of a broken dam. I felt myself drop to the ground when my mind went through what I just witnessed.

'We were driving to a place to help Maggie. But these men kept on stopping us on different routes, they were all different men. We got cornered into a circle full of more men. They forced on our knees while their leader, Negan came out. He gave a long talk about our new world is going to be. Then... Killed Glenn and Abraham.'

After my memories replayed that far, it started to get fuzzy. In my head and for my vision. I reach up to wipe away the tears but they don't stop for some time. I tried to remember what happened after but it's just the dirt ground and slight sounds.

I try my best to compose myself as I walk over to the mirror on the dresser. I look at my appearance and see serious bed head, rumpled, dirty clothing. My eyes are pink and slightly irritated so I waited a few until they seemed less noticeable. I opened the door and walked down to the first floor.

I turned my sight to the living room to find only Kely and Jason on opposite ends of the couch, sleeping. I turn away to the kitchen and head over to the island to see a box of peanut butter granola bars. I open the now and take out two, only to gulp them down fast and wash it down with warm water.

I walked outside in only my socks and wandered to where ever my almost bare feet led me. I kept my head down as I tried to sort out my thoughts only to end up tripping over a log and rolling into the small lake that Alexandria has. I hit my head as I rolled into semi shallow lake and landed in a mushy mud.

But as my head hit the muddy bottom of the lake, a tiny piece came back from the very gruesome night.

' "Hey! Where the hell are you taking her?!" I heard a masculine voice yell as I saw a limp body being dragged away into the forest. I turned my head just a bit more to see the familiar choppy jet black hair before it was covered by green.

Just a minute after she disappeared, a loud single gunshot was heard and a loud thump broke throughout the quiet campgrounds.'

I just stared at the murky water as I thought and thought about what had happened in that harrowing night. I did not care nor recognize that I was still in the lake, my thoughts taking control of everything. I heard a faint word being said but it was like the muttering of a peaceful ghost, quiet and soft.

I felt a slight tap on my shoulder but I chose to ignore it. It tapped again and yet again I ignored until they shook both of my shoulders. I finally snapped out of my mind and turned around to see Rick.

"What're you doing in the water, (y/n)?" I saw that Rick was knee deep in the murky water with a unsettled look.

"What?" I looked around to see that I was in fact surrounded by water, shoulder deep. " I- uh. Just wanted to cool down, you know. All this weather. "

I stood up fast, despite the saggy feeling of soaked clothing and paced back to where my house was. I left behind a confused Rick, the weather was actually somewhat cold for Georgia. My guess is low 50's. I reached the porch about to enter when I heard yet another person speak out to me.