Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve:

The light began to shine through my eyelids as I started to wake up. I sat up and looked around the room. I saw one of my sneakers laying on top of my dresser and the other laid on the ground about three inches from the dresser. I turned my head and looked out the window.

It was very sunny outside and seemed to be warm. I pulled off my (favorite color) bedsheets and went down the ladder. I walked over to the window and saw that the sun was high in the sky. That indicated that it was probably around noon.

"Damn. I haven't slept this late in a long time." I looked back at the bed and saw my messy top half but Thalia's was still neatly made.

'That means she hasn't been home yet... She never makes her bed. Ever.'

I walked downstairs and I almost went to go into the living room but then I saw it. The room was still stained a dark red and a few chunk like parts around the room. The memories came rushing back so fast of that one night that I almost screamed out. The pain I felt inside weighed out my physical pain I could feel in my back, let or head.

I quickly turned around and headed into the kitchen. I went towards a cabinet and opened it to find breakfast bars that were my favorite flavor. I grabbed one out the blue box and started out the window, opposite of the living room.

It feels so weird to have the house so quiet, there'd usually be at least one sound being made but no one was here to make one.

'Where are they all? Oh yeah. Jason and Thalia are on the run and Milia is gone... That doesn't feel right to say.' The tears start again as my eyes blur and I feel tiny drops running down my face.

I just stared out the window while crying. Kind of like a widow but instead of losing a husband, I lost a sister. I opened the wrapper of the bar and slowly ate it until most of my hunger ceased. The crying probably helped with that.

I threw out the wrapper and ran upstairs to my room, shutting the door. I went over to the dresser and looked through some drawers. I looked through all of them and found a shirt of my own and borrowed another pair of Thalia's pants. I went to the top right drawer and grabbed out a (disturbingly/ beautiful) pink bra and some black panties.

I opened the door and headed past the other rooms and straight to the bathroom. I opened up the white door and walked into the clean room. I dropped my clothing in the floor against the wall and opened the small cabinet/ closet and grabbed out a (favorite color) towel and plopped that next to my clean clothing.

I pulled off my t-shirt and bra to reveal my chest area. I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. I always used to do this, just looking for flaws or differences. After a few minutes of examination, I pulled down my pants, followed by my underwear. Just as I turned to the direction of the shower, I swear I heard a sound from downstairs.

'Hmm... Probably nothing. It could be Thalia and Jason getting back.' I hoped that that was what the sound really was.

I strolled over to the shower, pulled back the curtain and got in. As I turned on the faucet, freezing cold water came rushing down and hit my body. The temperature made me yelp a weird mix of 'ooh' and 'aw!'.

A sound of rushing footsteps came closer and closer to the door as someone knocked on the door a bit loudly.

"Hey! What's wrong?" The voice was muffled a little by the door but I think it's Carl.

"The water was just really cold. Sorry. It's Carl out there, right?" I was now in the other side of the shower, avoiding the ice cold water.

"Oh okay and yeah. I just came here to check on how you were. My dad says its around one so I came to see if you were still asleep." Carl sounded less alarmed now.