Chapter 7

Chapter seven:

"Uh, hey Carl. Why are you here?" I was curious why, he doesn't seem to want to talk.

"My dad wants you to come to the pantry and to bring your bag with too. Oh and I will show you." Carl stated plainly.

"Okay, let me get my bag." I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the bag. When I walked back in the room, Carl was waiting on the porch. I put on my worn sneakers and went onto the porch.

"I have the bag."

"Okay, let's go."

We walked for around 7 minutes, silently. The whole time, I just thought about the stinging in my leg. Until I spoke up.

"Hey, I noticed that your dad is here and you have a little sister but where is your mom?" As soon as I said mom, he looked sad.

"She's gone. A story for another day."

"Oh. Mine is too. But we don't know if she's dead."

'Damn it, (y/n). He probably doesn't care!'

Then we arrived at the pantry which was just a garage with shelves and bins. I walked through the garage doors and Rick turned around.

"I noticed that when you came back that you had a bag that had stuff in it. What is in it?"

"It is mostly books and comics but I found some vending machine snacks and drinks in an old library." Out of the corner of my eye, I swore I saw Carl smile a little bit when I mentioned comics.

"Put all the food and beverages on the table. Now." Rick stated, sternly.

"Okay." I pulled out all the stuff as best as I could without dropping anything. I pulled out candy like M&M's, Kit Kats, Whatchamacallit's, the chips like potato, barbecue, sour cream and onion and finally drinks that went from water to soda. And even some Monster's. (A/N: I personally love the drink.)

"That is all of the stuff I found. You can check if you'd like?" I offered.

Rick just took the bag and checked. There was no food left like I said.

"We are going to keep this for the rest of the people of this town." Rick said, not wanting to be talked back to.

"Okay. That's fine. Can I go back to the house?" I asked.

"If that's all then yes. But take this as a final warning, one more time you go over the walls and I catch it, you and your group will out faster than you will know." He said vigorously.

"Even Mil-?" I didn't want to finish that sentence by the look Carl's father gave me. "Okay, go it. I will go now."

I grabbed my empty bag and started to walk back to where I think the new house. Damn... I should've asked Carl to show me. I basically went around in loops, probably nowhere near my destination. I walked until I saw that wall from before with all the names on it. I walked towards it and read the names.

'Carter.'

'Richards.'

'Helen.'

'Stacy.'

'Nicholas.'

Above all of the names was, In Our Memories. So, I guess they were the deceased. Just below Nicholas' name was a scrubbed off name, smudged. It seems to read Glenn... isn't that a guy in Carl's group? Yeah! The Korean one.

I just stared at the wall, thinking. All those people on the wall once had a life, well most-likely. They probably had a family and now they're gone. Erased from this world physically but not mentally... At least people can remember their lost ones.