38 - Never had a thing for fairytales

Hindi naman kaagad nakapagsalita si Maddison sa tanong ni David sa kanya

Hindi naman kaagad nakapagsalita si Maddison sa tanong ni David sa kanya. Her family or him? She wasn't expecting that David would make her choose between him and her family.

Kumunot naman ang noo niya. Deep inside, she knew she was hurt with what her boyfriend just said. Hindi siya makapaniwala na hahantong silang dalawa sa ganoong klaseng pag-uusap, "Why are you making me choose between you and my family, David Kennedy?" She asked him in disbelief.

Iniwasan naman siya nito ng tingin. Yumuko naman ito at bumuntong-hininga, "I'm... I'm just tired with our set-up, Maddison. It's up to you, I guess." He replied, defeated as he walked out from the room. Maddie couldn't still believe what just happened. She just bit her lower lip and sighed. She immediately laid down to her bed, arms stretched widely.

And now, everything is complicated again.

●●●

"Uhm..." Maddie tried to call the attention of the old female caretaker of the Kennedy's. Late na kasi siyang nagising sa mga oras na iyon, it was already almost noon. Ni hindi pa siya ginising ni David at sa mga oras na iyon ay napapansin niyang wala ito, pati na ring ang mga magulang nito. Hindi niya tuloy maiwasang kabahan. She knew his parents are a little hostile towards her and then she woke up late. Nakikitira pa naman siya sa guest room ng bahay nito.

And as what she observed, the Kennedy family is well-off. Kung tama ang pagkakaalala niya, David's family is a descendant to the late US president, John F. Kennedy.

The old woman smiled when she noticed her, "Ms. Maddison, you're awake. If you're looking for the Kennedy's, they're currently at the ranch."

Maddison nodded and thanked the old lady. Lumabas naman kaagad siya sa bahay at kaagad naglakad papunta sa rancho. She was just wearing a simple sundress and two-inched wedge shoes. Kahapon kasi ay pinasyal siya ni David sa rancho ng pamilya nito. Their ranch is really big and there are a lot of horses being taken care of too.

Nang dumating na siya ay nakita naman niya sina David at Joe Kennedy na nakasakay na sa mga kabayo. They were both laughing their hearts out while riding the horses. She then saw Alina Kennedy who was also wearing her horse riding attire but was just talking with one the ranch staff.

"Ma'am..."

"Hija, gising ka na rin," Alina started and smiled when Maddie approached her, "You're late."

Maddie bit her lower lip awkwardly, "I'm sorry. I was just thinking a lot of things last night--"

"In our will of testament, nilagay namin doon ni Joe ang pangalan ni David, that he's going to inherit all our properties and businesses, including this ranch." Alina interrupted, looking at the wide field of the ranch. Maddie just kept silent while looking at it as well. The two other men were still busy having a good time while riding their horses off.