36 - She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

"Quit staring at me."

"I'm not."

Maddie sighed as she turned her head back and saw Connor Andres looking at her. Nasa kama na kasi silang apat ng mga anak nila habang natutulog, in which the two boys are sleeping at the middle.

It has been hours since the kids and him came back home. And until how, she was still too overwhelmed with feelings, especially about Connor Andres' confession. She even doesn't know what to answer or say to him after what he just said and thank God, before she could even say something to it, their son, Collin interrupted them that he's sleepy. Kahit naiiyak ay natawa na lang siya at niyakap muli ang mga anak. Then she took care of them immediately dahil alam niyang jetlagged pa ang mga ito at kailangan na talaga nitong matulog.

Connor didn't say anything after as well and just helped her in tending their sons. Maya maya'y nagrequest pa ang dalawa na magkakatabi silang apat na matulog sa gabing iyon. And she happily obliged.

She was just really happy so much on that night. Even though everything that happened to them two months ago was messy and painful, she doesn't care anymore because her twins are back now. Her family is home again.

Only her family can make her life brighter and happier.

"You should sleep," She just said to Connor whom she knew had been staring at her for an hour already, "Jetlagged pa kayo sa biyahe niyo." She could even noticed the dark circles around his eyes, probably looked like he hadn't been in a proper sleep for days.

"You didn't say anything after what I said."

Hindi naman kaagad nakapagsalita si Maddison sa sinabi nito. Well, she doesn't know what to say! His confession was sudden and shocking. It wasn't even totally sinking her in yet. She wasn't expecting her twins would be back on that night nor Connor declaring his undying love for her. It was just too much emotions and she couldn't still think straight yet.

"I have a boyfriend." She answered instead. Yes, David is still her boyfriend.

Kinunutan naman siya nito ng noo, "So? Break up with him."

Maddie rolled her eyes as if everything he said was easy. As if his issues with Rachel already went down - and speaking of her, she remembered what Connor said earlier... that he ditched his wedding just to choose his family... Just to choose the mean, selfish and complicated Maddison Grace, "Idiot. It's not that easy." She turned her back at him sideways, closing her eyes.

"Fine," He suddenly replied after a few seconds of silence, "If you're not going to break up with him then I'm going to live with you guys forever for the rest of your lives. Titira ako sa bahay niyo kasama ang kambal. I'll be a leech to your relationship. The nerd needs to accept that if he wants to marry you or whatever, he needs to accept your baggage, the twins and your idiot baby daddy."