Chapter 5

Chapter 5: First Impression

Marinette's POV
After practicing my man voice, I decided to go to the camp
already but I couldnt because I was shy and scared that I might do a bad impression.

"C'mon Marinette! We practice a lot! You could do this!" Tikki said in a squeaky voice. I knew she was right there is no turning back now. I nodded but something caught my attention.

"Tikki what happens if I remove the earrings?" I asked
"Oh then I will be gone but if you wear it again I'll be back! If you remove your earrings make sure you put me somewhere safe!" Tikki said with concern
"Okay Tikki I promise I'll keep you safe and also wish me luck!" I said
"Good Luck Marinette! I'll see you soon!" Tikki said and I removed my earring and I put back inside the black box and hid it in my bag.

I look at the camp and took a deep breathe and walked going at camp army sight.

Gosh! I really hope that I don't make a bad impression! I thought

When I went at camp with my horse there are a lot of eyes on me. I just look down and continued to walk. I heard voices saying.

Is he new?

Who is he?

We should welcome him

I heard a lot of voices, hands pointing at me. Like what I said before I hate being the center of attention especially boys starring at me even though they don't know that Im a girl. A girl in a boy outfit.

"Hey you!" A male shouted I turned around and he was pointing at me
"Me" I said in my deep voice
"Yes you! Put your horse in the shack!" He shouted and I just nodded but the thing is I don't know where the horse shack is.

"Need help?" A guys asked I nodded and he took my horse into the shack

I wasn't expecting a guy to help me, but he looked familiar though he has brown skin and a lanky boy also has black glasses.

Is he the best friend of Adrien? His name is Nino, right? I thought

"There you go!" He said opening the door for my horse.
"Thanks" I replied in my manly voice
"No problem, new comer?" He asked locking the door for my horse. I just nodded
"Shy, are you?" He asked again, I just nodded. He laughed
"Im Nino, and you are?" Nino asked me putting out his hand for a hand shake

Shit I havent thought of a name! What should my name be? Uhh, Luke? No! Cameron? No! Linc! Yes! Yes Linc! I thought

"Linc" I replied in my deep voice and shaking his hand
"Welcome Linc! There's another empty in the end! Just go and unpack! Nino said I nodded and l left him in the shack.

I found my tent, he was right it was really at the end. I like it because Im a girl and girl needs privacy you know.

I unpack my stuff and hid the black box still in my bad hiding it under my sleeping bag. I made it so camouflage that you cant even see my bag.

I went out to see it's almost night time. I could see the sun set. The blend of the color of orange, yellow and red looks so calming. It reminded me when my father were sketching the sky when I was young.

I was interrupted by someone patted my back. It was Nino. He gave me a smile and also stared at the sky with me.

"Dude, c'mon I'll introduce you to everyone" He said I nodded and followed him.