Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Declaration

Marinette's POV
We had to walk all the way from Paris till going to the safe place where know one can find us and Im having a journey with boys surrounded by me and wearing a dress, a long fucking dress.

Adrien hasn't left my side ever since we left Paris. He actually became protective over me. When the boys started talking to me he would cut them off by telling to leave and he would wrapped his arms around my waist. I would blush every time he does that.

After hours of us walking, we finally arrived at our destination. There were a lot of tents. People stared at us. Girls were glaring at me. I have no idea why too.

I saw Adrien. He was supposed to say something to me until Nino interrupted us.

"Adrien, your father is looking for you." Nino said my eyes widen I actually want him to stay. He nodded and Nino left.
"Princess, I hope we can meet again" Adrien said with a bow I giggled
"I hope I can see my knight in shining amor someday" I said this time I didnt stutter. He smirked at me and kissed my cheek. My face is red like blood now. After that we left and he gave me one last look and I smiled and wave bye to him and he did the same.

Is it really that bad that I want him to stay? I thought

I went to the opposite direction. I smiled at the past times we had together. To be honest Im gonna miss it.

I had to find my parents and my best friend, Alya. I searched and searched for my parents until I saw the my last name in the tent. It says "The Dupain-Cheng's Tent."

I immediately went inside to see my parents sad and I have no idea. I wanted to comfort them but I realize why are they sad.

Is it because I embarrassed myself in Humanities Week? Is this why there sad? Maybe I wasnt the daughter they expected to be. They expect their daughter to be sociable and interact with people more. The only friend I have is Alya. I am the opposite of their expectations I thought

I ran away from my tent. I was somewhere in the forest. Im not lost I remember the path I was going. I found shade by sitting under a huge tree.

"I guess I am not the perfect daughter they expected me to be" I told myself. I threw my head back against the tree. I saw a squirrel with its family and they look happy.

I wish I was like that with my parents I thought

I sigh and I look at the trees above me. The sound of wind whispered my ears. They sounded like music. The wind moves the leaves of the trees causing the leaves to fall towards me.

(A/N: The music video is at the top! I suggest you play it before you start reading this!)

Reflection:

Look at me,
I may never pass for a perfect bride, or a perfect daughter.
Can it be,
I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see, that if I were truly to be myself,
I would break my family's heart.

I was passing by the river when I saw a bunch of farmers and I waved and they waved back and left with there cows. Then I saw my reflection in the water.

Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?

I stood up but not leaving my eyes in the water. Watching my own reflection in the water.

Somehow I cannot hide?
Who I am, though I've tried.
When will my reflection show, who I am, inside?
When will my reflection show, who I am inside?