6. Alexander

// Side note! My chapter titles will always be to inform you whose perspective the story is being told from 💘❤️ //

"C-Constance?" I stutter out as Miss Pemberley tosses Constance's body to the ground.

Miss Pemberley shakes her head as she redirects her attention back towards me and I back away slightly,

"No worries Alexander, I just needed her out of the way so I could speak to you." She says in her usual soft voice, but it is still very different this time.

"Alexander, I called the Brotherhood because I wanted you to join us."

"U-us?" I hesitantly ask as she circles around me slowly,

"Yes, I knew both you and Constance possessed powers from the eye, but clearly Constance is unwilling to submit. But you..."

"You're smart Alexander. I know you want to live a life without fear of using your ability, don't you?"

It's true I do, but I don't want to kill people to get to that lifestyle. This... This is wrong.

"I'm sure Constance would agree as well if those belligerent men spoke to her one on one. I am coming to you as your teacher and as your friend to persuade you to join the movement."

She speaks to me as if she was trying to train her dog and she continues to walk around me slowly, like she was stalking her prey.

"This is right, Alexander. Our people have been oppressed for far too long. We have the right to take back our lives instead of living in the shadows or in the wretched world of the Third Eye."

"There is a world for people like us?" I question curiously.

Another world? The Third Eye? Could it be the source and origin of our powers? What's wrong with it?

She chuckles curtly, "Oh my child, you have much to learn. Come with me and I'll explain it all."

She reaches her hand out towards me and I hesitantly raise my hand towards her. Focusing upon her I hear her thoughts inside my head:

Yes, come to me so we can rule the world.

"Oi, he may cheat on all his tests but he's no idiot." Constance remarks as she places her hand on Miss Pemberley shoulders.

She immediately turns around in an attempt to put Constance back to sleep but Constance grabs her hand inches in front of her face,

"I never fall for the same trick twice."

"You're a strong little brat." Miss Pemberley smirks and I watch as a grin forms widely across Constance's face - one of the only times I've ever seen her smile.

With one motion of her hand she sends Miss Pemberley flying backwards towards the lockers.

I watch as Miss Pemberley stumbles to her feet, blood dripping from her forehead she laughs lowly, causing Constance and I to raise our eyebrows in confusion. Suddenly I feel something prickly wrap around my legs and arms. As I redirect my eyes to look I notice they are green vines. Panic rises up in me as I turn to the left to see a girl around my age with bright green eyes pointing her hands at me, from the palms of her hands stems the source of the plant, snaking down the hallway towards me. I try to pull myself free from the vines, but it is to no avail as it simply tightens it's grasp around my legs and hands.

"I wanted this to be easy Alexander, but clearly we're going to have to kill you instead." Miss Pemberley remarks as she charges towards Constance.

I try to move forward to help, but I only trip over the vines around my ankles, falling flat on my face. A giggle erupts from the girl in the distance and I feel anger pulse through my veins as my face flushes hot with embarrassment. Meanwhile, Miss Pemberley struggles with Constance as Constance utilizes her telekinesis to keep her distance from Miss Pemberley. Picking up shards of lockers she hurls them at our former teacher, however, she easily weaves through the broken pieces.