17. Jealous Much?

"Let's go," I smiled at him.

"Where?" Christopher furrowed his brows in confusion.

"I have a mission to carry out," I smirked at him.

He grew even more confused, "What are you talking about? You stopped the assassins. What more is there to do?"

"Are you sure you know your father? He won't give up, I am positive he knows those assassins are done for. He will figure something else out, he has to get this thing done in this ball," I explained.

Christopher nodded in understanding, "But you have to stay away. Got it?" I told him.

"Are you serious? I am not 'staying away'," he scoffed.

I squinted my eyes at him and poked my pointer finger in his muscled chest while talking, "Damien is not gonna do anything if you are around. I heard the assassins talking and your father doesn't want you to see anything. My guess is, he thinks you'll figure out what crap he wants to carry out."

Christopher faced changed into one of realisation and in the meantime, I fixed my appearance and switched on the comms. I was about to walk out when he questioned, "Where are you going?"

"To get myself a new date." And with that, I confidently walked out of the room catching the attention of those around me.

I made my way to the bar, got myself a drink, knowing very well someone apart from Christopher or Alex was intently watching me.

I acted obliviously to their gaze as if I am not at all concerned and peacefully sipped my wine. Someone leaned on the counter beside me and ordered a drink.

I turned towards the blue-eyed, brown-haired, well- built young man looking at me and smiled at him.

(Sean O'Donnell as Aaron Hathaway)

He flashed me his pearly white teeth and greeted me with a 'Hi'. I smiled at him and replied, "Hey."

"I don't think we have met before, I would've remembered a beautiful face like yours," he flirted.

I chuckled and put my hand forward for him to shake, "My name is Ashley."
He placed a small kiss on the back of my hand and introduced himself, "I am Aaron Hathaway. The owner of Hathaway Corporations."

"Liking the party thrown for me?" he boastedly questioned while subtly moving closer to me.

I raised my eyebrow in question,"Thrown for you? Did I miss something?"

He laughed and tucked my hair behind my ear, "Sweetheart, this party was thrown for the Gray Industries' shareholders. I fund 35% of this company's manufacturing."

"Really? Well, I'd love a man with some power," I flirted back.

'What the hell are you doing?' Christopher angrily muttered through the comms. I just ignored him and focused on getting some information from Aaron.