3. Weird

As soon as the jet landed, I collected all of my luggage and departed for my new apartment building. Only after reaching New York did I realize how much colder New York is in comparison to Washington D.C.

The Central Plaza or my new apartment building was in the heart of the city. It was not for the elite but it wasn't bad either, it was a well-maintained building. As soon as you enter the sliding doors, there is a big lobby with white walls and beige couches with a coffee table on the right side of the lobby. The left side was the reception and straight ahead was the elevator. I made my way towards the reception and collected my apartment keys and made an entry.

After reaching my apartment on the 4th level, I found my apartment and entered. The interior was impressive, wooden floors with beige walls. As soon as I entered the living room area consisted of brown couches and a wooden coffee table and on the wall across from it was a flat screen T.V. On my right, there was a small kitchen with wooden counters and there was an island with high chairs in the middle. Ahead of the kitchen was a hallway which led to two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

I scrambled to the master bedroom and saw a king size bed pushed up to the wall with a bedside table on both sides and a big balcony with an amazing view. In the corner right beside my balcony was a study table. Under that table was a secret safe to keep my weapons in. On the other side of the balcony was a door that led to the closet.

After having a tour of my house, changing into something more presentable and unpacking the small number of belongings I bought, I decided it would be best to go grocery shopping unless I wish to die of hunger.

I took help from my one true friend, Google Maps and looked for the nearest grocery store. It was a 5-minute walk, so I decided why not go by foot. What I didn't expect was the sidewalk to be flooding, maybe I should have checked the time. Due to it being lunchtime the streets were quite crowded.

With a scowl on my face due to people continuously pushing and ramming into me, I finally reached the grocery store. I went through the awful experience of grocery shopping and hands down to all those who do this, because to me only the junk food looks like something worth buying.

After my awful experience of the streets of New York and grocery shopping, I went back to my apartment, made myself some noodles, had dinner and got to work with a can of soda.

The work I am talking about here is studying all about Christopher Gray' s lifestyle here in New York. I opened the folder and my eyes were blessed with a beautiful sight.

This man has to try going for modelling career because he is freakishly attractive

This man has to try going for modelling career because he is freakishly attractive. It's weird for me because I am generally not affected by looks of my targets.

Upon reading further information I nearly spit out my soda, this boy has a penthouse two buildings away from me.

He even gets around a lot, he has been spotted at multiple big and famous parties in New York.

His daily routine consists of going to college, go to a café named 'Il Matteo' and spend there quite a few hours of his day, hang out with his college friends and attend frat parties on Fridays and Saturdays.

This is nothing interesting, and honestly, it seems like the routine of a normal 19-year-old guy. There is nothing suspicious or out of the box.
What is shocking is that he doesn't have a girlfriend, I had guessed good looking people like him are always taken. Quite strange how regular girls here survive this piece of art.

There is one thing which bothers me a bit though, there is absolutely no information about his mother. Like not even her name, whether she is alive or not, nothing. It's almost as if she doesn't even exist, never did.

Another interesting thing is that Christopher has a sister, a younger sister to be specific. None of Damien's files says anything about his daughter's involvement. Then again even Christopher came in the picture when the throne needed a heir. These people are so secretive.

I contacted The Organisation and asked them to send me all intel about Christopher Gray' s sister. I received it in my fax and printed it. Finally, I was looking at the infamous and unknown Hailey Gray.

 Finally, I was looking at the infamous and unknown Hailey Gray

(Victoria Justice as Hailey Gray)

One thing is clear, the Grays' definitely received genes for good looks.

Name: Hailey Gray
Age: 16
Height: 1.5m
Weight: 140lb
Hair: Brown
Eye: Brown

Okay, she is in high school and is a straight-A student, part of school's Math team and Geek club along with being the School's Editorial Committee's Head. She also has great relations with her brother. The weirdest part is that her fee and all her expenses are paid by Christopher Gray and there is no record of her parents.

So, the great news is that I start 'college' from next week. I'll be in the same classes as Christopher Gray in NYU. I start from Monday and today is Friday. I feel it's a waste of time because all they're gonna teach me is gonna be information I already learnt in my early graduation I did at The Organisation.

I hear the classic iPhone ringtone and rummage around the mess I've made on my bed to look for my phone. I finally find it and the name 'Cody' flashes on the screen. I immediately swipe and answer while silently cursing at the mess of papers. I hear a very amused chuckle from the other side and finally managed to utter a frustrated, "Hey Cody".

"Hey, sis. Why in such a shitty mood? Who managed to piss you off on your the first day in New York?" Cody mused.

I let out a sigh and tell him about the struggles of grocery shopping, hate for crowded streets and then information which confuses me to no end and makes no sense whatsoever.

Cody might tease me all the time but he's a good listener, I have always ranted out to him about everything which annoys me.

After he gave me advice about how I should just keep it aside and rest for today he managed to say something which definitely caught my attention.

"Big brothers might be extremely arrogant and act like bullies to their sisters but they are unbelievably protective and always wish to keep them safe," Cody said.

With quick 'goodnights' we hung up and I laid in bed thinking about what Cody told me. It actually made sense, maybe Christopher knows about his father but he wishes to keep his sister in the dark and protect her from any dangers.

There are endless possibilities to what mysteries I'm getting myself tangled into.