5. Unexpected

We reach the Gray household and I was in awe. Their house is like a freaking mansion. I think everything related this family is expensive and out of ordinary people's league.

Like how many people even live here? Ugh, why do I feel like I am in a movie or book (that's cause you are in a book, honey 😉)

Hailey seemed more than excited to spend time with me and get to know me but I really don't know what to tell her about myself. Everything interesting about me is classified.

I think I'm gonna use my dear brother's advice to be social 'If you can't be interesting, be interested', whatever that means but I think here it means to ask her about her school life and act surprised and shocked when she tells me about herself even though I already know it.

I sound like a stalker. I swear I need to find a better job for myself.

So far I have noticed Alex and Hailey both are social and outgoing people whereas Christopher and myself are closed off and bland. I can't even advise him either as I myself am like him, I don't want to be a hypocrite.

After observing my surroundings as much as possible, I tried to hide my amazed expression with the exterior and interior design of the mansion, but I don't think I am doing a good job at it because I heard an amused chuckle behind me.

"Like it, pretty girl? I can see how much interest you're taking in my house," Christopher whispered in my ear from behind. As clichè as it sounds, my breathing did hitch in my throat and a shiver did run up my spine.

That's kinda what happens when a hot guy gets intimate with you.

Shut up.

Aw, but you know I'm right.

I hate my subconscious.

"Hello??!?" Hailey waved her hand in front of my face and I snapped out of my internal debate.

"Sorry," I sheepishly muttered.

"You so zoned out on us, girl," Alex laughed and I turned red from embarrassment. Damn my thoughts.

"Stop bullying her-" Christopher then turned towards me and said "-you're fine, baby girl," the 'baby girl' being a whisper I very much heard.

I think my subconscious just squealed. Meh, she's losing her mind.

"Let's play video games. I'm feeling like Mario Kart or Mortal Combat, what do you guys say?" Alex proposed excitedly.

"Yes! Totally," I immediately replied even before Christopher or Hailey even got to put a word on the offer.

"Someone's excited," Hailey laughed and agreed to Alex's offer which made me like her more since she wasn't like the typical girly girl for whom 'hang out' meant painting nails and talking about boys.