Epilouge

-------

Kenzie's POV

-----------------

"Mark! Stop!! You'll make me drop the turkey!" I scold him, shifting a bit, so I was out of his grip.

I quickly put the turkey into the oven, knowing if I held onto it any longer, it'd end up dropping.

"But, Babe! You haven't kissed me all day!" He complains, wrapping his arms around my small, yet noticeable, baby bump.

"That's because my parents are coming over, and I need to make sure this Thanksgiving is perfect." I mumble, turning around looking into his eyes.

"What makes you think it won't be perfect?" He asks, tracing my face with his eyes.

I just shrug.

I never actually know what'll go wrong, but I feel like something always will. Maybe the food won't taste right. Or maybe I'll trip. Or maybe my parents won't like Mark.

"Everything will go just fine," He smiles, "as long as you kiss me." He smirks.

I just laugh, and give him a kiss on his lips, and as he deepens the kiss, we hear a knock at the front door.

"Why is our kiss always being interrupted?!" He whines, breaking apart our interlocked lips.

"I promise, we'll finish the kiss after they leave." I laugh, walking towards the door, and opening it.

"Kenzie!" My dad smiles, greeting me with a huge hug.

"Hi, Dad." I squeak, barely being able to breath.

"You look beautiful." He smiles, pulling away from the hug, and examining me up and down.

"Thank-" I smile, just to be cut off by my mom.

"Kenzie, Darling!" She squeals, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I lead them into the house, and walk beside Mark.

"Mom, Dad, this is Mark," I look up to him, "my husband." I smile.

"This is the young fellow who's stolen my daughters heart?" My father grunts, in a not-so-friendly tone.

"Yes, Sir." Mark agrees proudly, softly wrapping his arm around my waist.

"She's a tough butterfly to catch," Dad laughs, "good job, Son."

"Why'd you two move here anyways? I mean, from Massachusetts all the way to New Zealand?" My mom asks, inspecting my art work hanging on the walls.

"Well, Kenzie's art careers really seemed to taken off." Mark smiles, rubbing his palms together nervously.

"And Marks band has gotten such amazing opportunities here!" I add, giving Mark a smile.

Oh! I actually helped Mark name his band.

'No Name'.

They thought it was a legit name, considering it wasn't too 'deep'. Plus, it was easy to remember.

My mother walks next to her husband, and intertwines their hands, "So, what are you two going to name her?" She asks, nodding towards my belly.

"Issabelle." Mark and I say in unison.

"Well, that's a random name." She states spectacle of our name choice.

"Kenzie suggested the name, and I thought it was beautiful." Mark replies, giving my cheek a soft kiss.

"Plus, I feel like that name has a close meaning to me." I reply, remember Issabelle from my 'not-so-dream' thing.

"Have we ever told you, we were going to name you Issebelle?" My mother asks, looking out a window empty-mindedly.

"You were?" I ask, slightly taken aback.

"Oh, yes." She smiles, "It's the name of an Angel."

"Well, now it's the name of our Angel." Mark whispers softly into my ear.

I turn to smile at him, but catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror behind him.

I was actually happy.

When I was a little girl, I wanted a happy ending. I wanted a knight in shining armor. I wanted a prince.

Then as I grew older, I didn't have a happy ending. I couldn't find a knight in shining armor. And I knew, I wasn't one to have a prince.

But now... I realize, I didn't have a happy ending, because that wasn't the end. I wasn't supposed to have a knight in shining armor, I was to have a band member with a mic. And that band member would forever be my prince.

"Something wrong, Babe?" Mark asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No," I smile, "I'm okay."

"Okay?" He smiles.

"Okay." I giggle.

I was okay. And I was going to make sure I stay that way.