Chapter Seventeen

--------

Kenzie's POV

----------------------

'Roquelle' and I started talking, and almost instantly, we became friends.

She said she was a local, but she wasn't a big fan of coffee, which is why I hadn't seen her around.

We'd been talking for at least a few hours about ourselves when my phone interrupted.

"Who is it?" Roquelle asks, flipping a page in her magazine.

I check my screen, realizing I promised Mark we'd grab lunch.

"It's my boyfriend.. Sorry." I apologize, answering.

She simply smiles, as I say hello to him.

"So, we still up for lunch?" He asks, well, more yells over the sound of the band.

"Yes, definitely." I smile.

"I'll meet you at your place, okay?"

"Yeah, totally."

We say our goodbyes, and hang up, when Roquelle starts to get up.

"We should definitely get together sometime." She offers, gathering up her magazines.

"Yeah, that sounds awesome." I agree. Then an idea popped into mind, "Actually, my boyfriend has a band! They're going to be playing a gig later this week! You should totally come!" I say.

"Really? That sounds awesome. Text me the details." She smiles.

We swap numbers, and after a last goodbye, I head over to the apartment to get ready for lunch.

-----------

"So, this girl just came out of no where?" Mark asks, taking a bite out of his burger.

"Yep. She's really nice though." I reply, dipping a few fries into the little ketchup cup, "It's weird though, she said she lives around here."

"And neither of us have seen her." He agrees.

I simply nod, "Anyways, I invited her to the show you and guys' are going to be playing at." I smile, taking a bite out of my cheeseburger, "Still hot!" I grumble.

He gives out a little laugh, "That's a cool idea. Then I'll get to meet this 'Mystery Girl."

"So, how was the band meeting?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Typical.," He says, "The boys want to meet you again though. They said the little that you did speak last time, was awesome," He laughs.

"They know they'll see me at the show this weekend, right?" I say, sipping my soda.

"You mean tomorrow?"

"Huh?" I look at him confused.

"They show. It's tomorrow." He explains.

"Oh!" I exclaim, "Yeah.. I knew that." I lie, "Uh-- what song will you guys be playing?"

"You know the band We The Kings?" He asks.

"Yes! I do." I smile.

"A song by them." He simply answers.

------------------

Day of the Show

----------------------------

"I don't know where it is.. I was hoping we could go together?" Roquelle asks.