Chapter Twelve

----

"How many people know..?" He asks, his body facing me, as I avoid his eyes.

We were sitting in his car as he tried to get information out of me about my self harming past.

"Kenzie, you need to eventually answer me."

"Not if I don't want to... I told you, just drop it." I say pulling my sleeves so far down that they almost covered my fingers.

"You want me to just drop the fact that my girlfriend hurts herself?!" He bursts, obviously getting frustrated. "I want to help you, but you won't let me!"

"Have you ever thought that I don't want your help?!" I yell back, making sure my voice doesn't break.

"Well why wouldn't you?! You're hurting yourself... and killing yourself in the process..." He says, trying to calm down, but obviously failing.

"I don't want help. Okay? Now can we change topics..?" I attempt to get his mind off of my.. 'issue'.

Just tell him... he honestly wants to help...

Haha, no he doesn't. He's lying to you. He doesn't want to help, he's just curious.

"Kenzie... please.." He pleads, gently taking my hand in his.

Every plead from him to offer to help, would just make the voice in my head louder.

"Mark, I'm fine. Drop the topic." I say, trying to convince myself I actually am fine.

You barely know this guy, and he already knows how weak you are. Ha. Dumbass.

"Can we walk?" I blurt out.

"Huh?" He looks at me confused.

"Can we talk while walking..? It gets my mind off.. stuff."

Okay, so maybe walking didn't always help, but pacing did.

Before a big test, presentation, conversation or anything too important, Nat would usually have to stop me from pacing too much.

I think that was just because it was a pet peeve of hers.

----

"-And now I'm here. In Chicago..." I finish, keeping my eyes on the sidewalk we were walking along.

"Why would your parents always be on edge though..?"

"When Sammy, my sister, got accepted to UCLA, and I started slacking on school work, they knew they couldn't have high expectations for me. And when I told them I wanted major in art or photography, they just got even more upset."

"How'd they react on you leaving California?"

"Not so well..." I say, as I see a small piece of snow fall from the corner of my eye.

"Why didn't you tell.. Nataly? About any of this? " He asks, unsure of her name.

"Because she's my best friend. I can hurt myself, but I can't hurt her... That's why I didn't want you knowing either."

"You didn't hurt me..."

I look at him with a confused look.

"Okay. Maybe I am hurt... but that's because you hurt yourself. I'm going to try everything I can do to help you stop..."

"I don't-" I start before getting cut off by him.

"No. I don't care if you want help. I want you safe... not hurting yourself."

"Do I even have a say in this?" I ask, annoyed by his stubbornness.

"Absolutely not." He says, stepping in front of me, causing me to stop walking.

"You know I really hate you, right?" I ask, looking up at him, blushing slightly from the cold.

"Oh yeah. I hate you too." He smirks, cutely looking down at me.

"You know you have the chance to leave me..?" I whisper, looking him in the eyes.

"I am completely aware of that option." He whispers back, tucking a lost strand of hair behind my ear.

"And yet, you're still here." I smile, now blushing because of a feeling in my stomach. Butterflies.

This idiot is giving me a fluttery feeling in my stomach! Oh no. I really like him...

"Why would I leave the most beautiful girl ever?" He whispers so quietly, I double think what I heard.

He wraps one arm around my waist, and slightly tilts my chin up, so I can see him.

"You're a player, know that?" I laugh, breaking eye contact with him, stepping away and walking around him.

Absolute silence.

He doesn't say anything.

I continue walking, digging my hands deeper into my pockets, hoping the cold will somehow magically disappear.

As I hear some shuffling behind me, I quickly turn around expecting to see Mark, but instead I see a tree.

"Where'd he go..?" I whisper to myself.

Next thing I know, I'm turned around, apparently Marks arm around my waist and his lips meeting mine.

"And you're a freaking tease." He says, biting his bottom lip before kissing me again, causing me to giggle between our lips.

---

"And Mark is there, right?" Nat asks concerned about my safety.

"Yes. Hes- he's here." I giggle, trying to keep in a laugh, as Mark tickles my sides.

"You sound like you're having fun." She snickers through the phone.

"Shut up, he's- he's being an ass and tickling me.." I laugh, "Mark, stop!" I beg, attempting to kick him.

"Maybe you'll need that condom after all." She laughs. "Call me when you can, okay?"

"Yah, okay- I love you, bye!" I say my goodbye, and hang up. "Mark! Stop!!" I laugh, trying to push him off me.

"I will now that you've hung up the phone." He laughs.

"You, are a strange being." I laugh, sitting up.

We were back at my place, and were about to watch a movie. That was when Nataly called, and Mark thought it'd be hilarious to tickle me.

"Okay, what movie do you want?" I ask, scrolling through numerous options on Netflix.

"I heard 'What's Your Number' is good." He comments, as that movie comes on screen.

"I've seen it before, it's pretty funny." I say, clicking the movie so he could read the description of it.

"What's it about?" He asks, gesturing me, to come and sit next to him.

"Why do you think I opened the description up?" I ask passing him a 'are you stupid' look. "It's about this one chick who tracks down all the guys she's slept with. 21 dudes. She ends up falling in love with one of them. John, I think." I answer his question, moving closer to him.

"Sounds like it'll be fun to watch," He says, taking the remote from me,"Suppose you were to do that, how long do you think the list of men you slept with would be?" He snickers.

"It would be empty," I reply, folding my legs onto the couch,"What about you, Mr. Player? How long would yours be?" I smirk.

"Short. 4.. 5 girls I think." He fakes thinking. "I'm hoping you'll be on that list soon enough." He smirks, leaning in for a kiss.

I quickly peck his lips and sit back,"Keep hoping lover boy." I smirk.

---

Authors Note!!!

-----------------------------

I am aware this chapter is stupid, useless and totally late, but oh well.

Has your school started??

Mine hasn't B)

Okay.

Bye. c: