Chapter Thirteen

---

January 10th.

My birthday. In other words, the day I turn 22.

Also, known as tomorrow.

---

"Ron! Ron!!" Mark calls as he frustratedly chases his brother down the hall.

"I don't want to go! Nichole is online and she wants to play!!" Ron whines back shutting the door to his room.

Mark angrily leans against the wall in front of Ron's room.

I get off the couch and stalk behind them, softly knocking on his door, "Ron?"

No reply.

"Ron... If Nichole wants to come, you can invite her to the restaurant." I try negotiating.

Ron slowly opens the door, and sticks his head out, "Can Mark not come?"

I kneel down to eye level, "And why wouldn't you want him to come?"

"He says mean things to me..." He pouts.

I turn to Mark, and back to Ron, "Well, Mark makes me happy... how about... If Mark promises to be nice?"

"I don't believe he can be nice."

"Mark, do you promise to be nice to Ron?" I ask, giving him a pleading look.

"Fine." He grunts.

Ron stares back at his brother with an evil stare.

"Mark. Promise to be nice to Ron. Honestly." I say sternly.

Mark kneels in front his brother, "I promise to be nice to you... If you promise to not make Kenzie your girlfriend. I think she already has a little crush on you." He fake whispers the last part, causing his brother to giggle.

"Mark!" I hit his arm. "Ron, do you agree to come now?" I ask with hope.

"Yeah, I'll come. What should I wear?" He asks, opening the door letting me in.

"That, you and your brother can choose, I don't know where we're going." I say, gesturing Mark to do the 'clothing-choosing'.

"Is it a surprise?" He asks slightly disappointed.

"Yeah, it's a surprise for Kenzie since tomorrow's her birthday." Mark says, choosing a black and white tux that was the perfect size for Ron.

"Well why don't we go for dinner tomorrow?" Ron questions, confused.

"Because, tomorrow we're doing grown up stuff." Mark replies, walking over to me, with a smirk. He towers me before leaning in and softly attaching his lips to mine.

I smile against his lips when I hear Ron share his opinion on the kiss, "Eww!!"

Mark and I both pull apart, sharing a small giggle.

"Ten minutes short stuff, then we leave you." Mark tells his brother, before taking me out of the room.

---

"Oh.. my.. god.. this place is freakin' fancy! You really didn't have to do this." I say in awe as we walk into Giovannes Palace.

You could say the only other time I ate here was when Nataly got her first legit job.

"It's your first birthday with me, I wanted to make it memorable." Mark smiles as we walk towards the front table. "Table of three, I believe I chose a window seat." He tells the lady at the desk.

She had her hair up in a tight bun, and she shared the same uniform as the waitresses.

A tight black pencil skirt, white blouse with frills at every edge, and black heels.