Chapter Nine

He pulls his lips apart from mine, and I lay under him probably blushing like there's no tomorrow

"You're not like other girls." He whispers, looking me in my eyes.

Move from underneath him, dumbass.

He sits up, still on my waist, when I feel a vibration.

Except, it wasn't my phone this time.

He reaches into his back pocket, and takes out his phone.

"I should take this, it Nyle..." He says, with a sad look, standing up, and then reaches his hand out, to help me.

"Thanks." I say grabbing his hand.

"Sleep tight, beautiful." He smirks, answering his phone.

I stand, blushing, and turn around, leaning on my heel, and let out a sigh of happiness.

Is that even possible?

I happily walk into my room, and close the door behind me.

-----------

I plop onto the couch, pencil, and paper in hand, ready to doodle, when Ron drags his feet into the living room.

"Kenzie..."

"Mmhmm?" I ask, starting to draw the twins.

"I'm hungry." He complains, sitting next to me.

"What do you want?" I ask, stroking some hair on the twins.

"Food?" He suggest, laying down, placing his head on my lap.

"How 'bout... we go out for some pizza? You think Mark would be up for that?" I laugh, ruffling his hair.

Lazy Rule #1: Why cook when you can go out?

He shoots up in excitement, and runs into the hallway, yelling. "Mark! We're getting pizza!"

I get up, and walk into my room, checking myself in the mirror.

I wore the red sweater from last night, and had on very little makeup.

And I mean, very little.

I had put on black eyeliner, making my brown eyes look bigger, mascara, which for me is a must have, and lip gloss.

Your eyes look dull, you need more eyeliner.

I grab the eyeliner tube out, and trace over what was already on my eyelid.

After the left eye, I move onto my right, and apply more mascara.

Tracing my lips with lip gloss, I check myself in the mirror, sighing in disappointment with my appearance.

I walk out of my room to find Mark putting on his sweater, and Ron struggling with his zipper.

"Need help?" I laugh, kneeling in front of him.

 He nods, and drops his hands to his side.

I zip up his jacket, and fix his hoodie. Refusing to keep it that way, he messes it up again.

"So, where are we going?" Mark asks, grabbing his keys, and double checking for his phone.

"Pizza Palace?" I suggest.

It's the perfect place. It has a ball pit, an arcade, a jungle gym, and the tables aren't that far, so we can watch Ron the entire time.

"Ron?"

"Any place with food." He whines.

"Pizza Palace it is." Mark laughs, opening the door for us.

Ron runs out, and I follow behind.