Chapter Thirty

----------

Kenzie's POV

------------------

Mark had immediately driven me to the hospital, and told the nurses what was wrong.

After about an hour or so of doctors re-stitching me, I was reeled into an all too familiar atmosphere. A hospital bedroom.

"Mark, go home and get some sleep." I laugh, seeing him yawn.

"No way! Last time I left, when I came back, you had an oxygen tube." He argues.

"I can take care of myself," I smile, "I don't want you ruining your sleep for me."

"Sleep is for the weak." He jokes, giving out another yawn.

"At least get some coffee." I insist.

"Fine... Do you want some?" He offers, standing up.

"The doctors put me on a strict 'Water and Oatmeal' diet," I say, "thanks though." I smile.

"I'll be back in a minute." He kisses my forehead, and leaves.

---------

Roquelle's POV

--------------------

I see Kenzie's all-to-perfect boyfriend leave the room, and I consider that my cue.

I walk over to her room, and see her laying on the bed.

She's such a whore! First Matt, and now Mark?!

Greedy bitch.

I see her adjust herself onto her bed, and fix her 'perfect' hair into a bun. What does she have that I don't?!

She thinks she can any guy; acting like she's depressed and shit, only to get pity from them.

Any- and every- guy will leave her as soon as they see all her cuts. Her scars. Her flaws.

I'm going to this chick a favor-

I'm going to make sure the next time I see her, is at her fucking funeral.

------------

Kenzie's POV

------------------

A few minutes pass in peaceful silence, until I hear an all too familiar voice.

"You have more lives than a fucking cat." Roquelle sneers from the doorway.

"I thought I told you leave me alone." I hiss, hesitantly running my hand over the side of my hospital bed.

A nurse had told me that if there was an emergency at any time, there was a button that I could press, and someone would come to help.

"Why won't you just die already?" She snickers, walking over to my bed.

I feel the button underneath my fingers and give it slight push.

"Looks like someone got another operation." She says, circling her index finger around the fresh stitches.

"Get out of the room, Roquelle." I order, pushing her hand off my stomach.

"But I thought we were friends." She fakes a pout.

"You're nothing to me." I sneer coldly.

"No Kenzie," She says, "you're nothing."

She pushes my shoulder into my pillow, and gives an aggressive punch to my stomach, causing the wind to get knocked out of me.