Chapter 1: Goodmorning

Start from the beginning

With school ending, all of her classmates had been talking about lately was where they were going to go to high school. [Y/n]'s dream was to attend U.A. High in the heroics department. Ever since she was little, she'd been passionate and excited by the idea of helping those in need in dire situations. She couldn't help but feel a rush of adrenaline and excitement burst in her chest whenever she witnessed a hero saving others. [Y/n] and Izuku would often hang out in his room and go over all the hero statistics and drawings he would collect. Although she isn't as big of a fan as he is, she enjoyed hearing him talk about heroes and seeing how inspired he was by all of them, especially All Might. [Y/n] couldn't even keep count of how many times Izuku had called her in the dead of night just to frantically tell her about another heroic act All Might had committed. [Y/n] chuckled to herself, remembering one time he called her, in such an excited frenzy she couldn't understand a single word he was saying.

[Y/n] finally reached her school and opened the entrance door. The hallways were full of fellow students, all dressed in the same black uniform. Once she reached her classroom, she slid the door open. The first thing she saw was Katsuki Bakugou leaning back in his chair with his feet propped up on his desk. His friends stood around him and listened as he talked (mainly) about himself. Upon hearing the classroom door open, Katsuki's crimson eyes darted towards the door, instantly meeting with [Y/n]'s (e/c) ones.

Ah, shit. Here we go. [Y/n] thought. However, she couldn't ignore the excited jolt that ran through her chest when their eyes met. She nonchalantly looked away and started heading toward her desk, which happened to be behind Katsuki's.

Katsuki and [Y/n] were actually decent friends, although, you'd barely know it. It began when they were both newborns, their mothers (who had been friends since high school) would always arrange play dates. Mostly, just so they could hang out and chat, which inevitably left the two of them to do the same. This continued as they were kids; as the two went to the same school, lived in the same city, and of course, their mothers always arranged to have dinners with each other whenever they could. Although, [Y/n] and Katsuki never became super close, mostly due to Katsuki's hostility, but nonetheless they were definitely friends. [Y/n] actually seemed to be one of the very few individuals on Earth who could stand his intense and harsh personality.

As she sat down, she could almost predict what Katsuki was going to do next.

A hard fist slammed itself against her desk. Katsuki had spun around in his chair and was now glaring daggers at her. A tic mark was clearly seen on his forehead.

"OI SHIT HEAD!! SO WE JUST NOT SAYING HELLO ANYMORE IS THAT IT?!"

The (h/c) haired female didn't even flinch as she reached into her backpack to grab her books, not looking at Katsuki.

"Hey." She disinterestedly responded.

This only irked the ash blonde even more. He lifted his hand from the desk and pointed at [Y/n]. "DON'T GIVE ME THAT SHITTY ATTITUDE YOU CLOWN!!!"

"Katsuki, you're the one that made awkward eye contact with me. It would have been more awkward if I said 'hi'." [Y/n] playfully defended.

Katsuki's hands began to release smoke.

"WHAT?!? I CAUGHT YOU LOOKIN AT ME HOW DID I MAKE IT AWKWARD?! AND YOU ALWAYS SAY 'HI' IN THE MORNING SO WHY STOP NOW?!?!"

"'First of all, calm it Smokey, or else you'll set off the fire alarms again and it's too damn early for that." [Y/n] responded smirking at the seething boy. She then dramatically brought her hand up to her mouth. "And I didn't know it meant so much to you that I greeted you in the morning! Maybe next time I'll bring you a muffin and exclaim 'GOOD MORNING MY DEAREST DETONATOR!! I HOPE I WAS IN YOUR DREAMS LAST NIGHT CAUSE YOU CERTAINLY WERE IN MINE'~"