Chapter 1 : The Heiress

London, England
Petrozas Tower Penthouse

Carson

'Hello Dear, I'm Helena, the housekeeper. I hope you had a good flight ' A kind looking woman in her fifties greeted Carson. She thrive taking her belongings which she refused to hand over. Helena was taken a back, confused as to why the young lady refused her help.

'Its alright, I can manage. If you can just show me to my room please.' Helena heard her say sweetly that reminded her of her own grandchildren. And so she did not insist further but led the way to a longwinded correigdor towards the young lady's room.

They halted in front of two doors that are meters away to each other. Her eyes trailed on one of the doors but didn't pondered to it further, thinking that its the penthouse spare guest room that she wouldn't mind having in case a family or friend had to crash in with her for a time being. Helena brought her on the one left of her.

Opening the door, Carson liked the room ahead of her. It has white drape walls and dark oakwood furniture matching the floor that gives a minimalist vibe. It was in coherence with all the other elements she seen so far in the penthouse that she find more of a bachelor pad than a girl's place with dark, white and gray color ensembles. Nonetheless, Carson was thrilled to have the penthouse's lavish streak of glass walls that overviews the city of London. She had always liked picturesque sights such as the one ahead of her.

Walking around her new room, she found a queen size bed, own private bath and walk-in closet. It has one wall with glass wall on one side with a sliding door that leads to a balcony interconnecting her room and the living room. She wanted to explore further yet her trance broke as she realized that she isn't the only one in the room.

'Do you need me to help you with those dear?' Helena ask her pointing to her Samsonite trolley and backpack. Thinking she doesn't want to implore she was about to refuse but Helena beat her to it.

'Please don't say you won't, the penthouse had ran out for me to do. I need to settle you in so I don't die from doing nothing.' Helena said dramatically making Carson giggle. She had to admit it, the woman isn't bad at all. In fact she thinks, they can get along just fine.

'Wasn't gonna Helena. Oh and call me Carson' the woman gushed excitedly. Then proceeded to help her settle in. Helena and her talked about various things about London. She is very keen on its history and sites that according to her was underrated. Soon, when it was Helena's time to go, she already made a must do and must see list during her stay. Carson was right, Helena and her got along fine.

Left alone, Carson decided to watch a movie in the living room. It has a massive 72" flat screen TV and Marshall music component. The L-shaped couched allowed her to fit her small frame. She chose Justice League.

Carson got cozy with a lap blanket while drinking soda and eating pizza she ordered a while ago. For some reason, she felt at peace alone in the penthouse. Her mind drifted off to sleep contemplating that it is exactly what she needed...space.

For like hours, Carson slept like a baby. Completely oblivious to the world, she didn't even felt the door of the penthouse opened. It lasted until a thick cotton material hit her by the face.

'The Fuck!' Someone cursed loudly. Carson's eyes flew open at the sudden outburst. There he saw a man with a pair of stern silver-gray eyes stare at her accusingly.

'Who the hell are you?'

~~~~~~~

Asher

It was half-past ten when Asher reached his penthouse. The lights are off which didn't surprise him at all because he lives alone. He switched it on and walked on the living room where he threw his suit's blazer over the couch.