DIX-HUIT

"Nothing's wrong...it's just so different, you know? I can see your face."

~ Andrew Clarke, The Breakfast Club (1985)

🌻🌻🌻

BETTY

MY BACK SLAMMED AGAINST the wall as Jughead lifted Betty up on one of the tables, him standing between her parted legs and his lips latched onto hers. His hands were on her thighs, touching the skin underneath her skirt, while her hands were splayed across his cheeks, cupping his jaw as he pressed his body against hers.

Betty moaned against his lips as he gripped her thighs, dragging her closer to the edge, his lips leaving hers. Betty's eyes met his, her striking blue eyes that, five minutes ago were filled with hunger for him, were now filled with confusion. He gazed into her with his tortoise green eyes, projecting his love for her into her soul. She could feel it everywhere, sending shivers down her spine, flutters in her stomach, it turned her brain to mush.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that."Jughead whispered with a smile, breathing out a small laugh. "I love you, Elizabeth."Betty rolled her eyes playfully at the mention of her real name. "And you know I love you too, Forsythe."She replied with a giggle, and Jughead whined but made no other complain.

"Now as much as I want to kiss you again, we have to go back to the library."

"Do we really have to?"Jughead asked with a pout, holing Betty down as she tried to wiggle out of his grasp and off the table. She giggled as he leaned down to the crook of her neck and started trailing kisses on her pale skin, his lips lingering on her skin and peppering kisses all over the expanse of her neck down to her collarbones down to the valley of her breasts. "You're so beautiful and I can't get enough of you."

"Juggie, we're in detention."Betty reminded him, though she wouldn't mind if they stayed in that position for a while longer. He started to suck on her skin and left marks in his wake, none of them as prominent as the hickey he had left just above her collarbone. Jughead smirked against her skin and pulled away to stare down at her, and thought of how she's never lookedmore beautiful than she did in that moment. Her lips were swollen from his kisses, eyes clouded with her love for him, her neck littered with marks that only he could give.

Jughead claimed Betty as she claimed him, and now she was his as he is hers forever.

"We should go back to the library, I'm sure Weatherbee won't mind."Betty leaned forward and began to whisper in his ear, gently placing kisses on his pulse point every now and then, a smirk on her lips as she saw how quickly he fell into her command. Jughead let out a loud grunt, and as much as he hated bending to anyone's will, he would do just about anything for Betty Cooper, who has him wrapped around her fingers. "Then when we get out of here we could head to Pop's, then we can make a quick detour to Sweetwater River and if you're a gentleman maybe I could let you continue what we started here today."

Jughead nodded in reply, helping Betty off of the table with one last kiss before he helped her fix her appearance. He wiped his mouth from any traces of her lipstick as she removed her red lipstick, buttoning her blouse once again. "Let's go, Juggie?"Betty asked, the temptress he had the pleasure of meeting earlier suddenly gone and replaced with a total sweetheart.

"I'd follow you anywhere, Elizabeth Cooper."

ARCHIE

  WHEN BETTY AND JUGHEAD entered the library, it wasn't hard to guess what they had been doing at the Blue and Gold editorial room minutes before they arrived. They were holding hands, Jughead's hair was messier than usual underneath his beanie, and both of their clothes were wrinkled. Not to mention the hickey above her collarbone that her blouse fialed to fully conceal.

"Oh my God, please tell me that at least you didn't christen the school yet."Veronica spoke, her disgust evident in her voice as she cringed, her eyes shut tight. Jughead had that all-knowing smirk on his face as Betty blushed furiously, wiping her hand down her skirt in attempt to straighten it up. "We won't tell you, then."He told her, which only caused Veronica to groan, Archie to laugh, Kevin to cringe and Betty to slap her forehand over his chest playfully.

"Ow!"Jughead exaggerated, pouting at Betty, who only turned to Veronica apologetically, a sheepish smile on her face. "We didn't christen the school, Veronica, you can calm down. We aren't rabbits yet."Jughead laughed at Betty's last sentence, and Veronica groaned once again. "Thank you for the makeover for Betty, by the way.'Jughead spoke up, nodding his head slightly. "It was nice, but I prefer Betty with as little and light make up as possible. Believe me, she can go without make up and still manage to make my jaw drop."

"Okay, I'm totally shipping you guys!"Kevin clapped his hands happily, squealing softly. "It's kind of sad, though, that I'm the only one left without a love interest."Betty and Jughead's eyebrows furrowed as they deciphered Kevin's statement, while Archie and Veronica bit their lips nervously.

And then, as if a light bulb went off in Betty's brain, she lit up and her jaw dropped. Her head snapped to Veronica's depression, a grin quickly creeping on her lips. "No way!"Betty giggled, and Veronica could only grin and nod her head. Betty quickly threw her arms around Veronica, leaving Jughead clueless beside her. "What's going on? Why do I suddenly feel left out?"Jughead asked, and Archie laughed, giving him a pat at the back.

"Are you really that clueless?"Archie asked, and Jughead shrugged in reply. "You're not seriously telling me that you can figure out a mystery or detective novel like it's the back of your hand but you can't understand what Kevin's statement meant?"He asked him.

"Archie and Veronica are a couple!"Betty told him, and Jughead's draw dropped. He turned to Archie, an amused laugh escaping his lips. "No way, Andrews!"Archie could only nod in response as he and Jughead shared what men call their version of a 'hug'. "Since when?"He asked, looking back and forth between Archie and Veronica.

"I'm guessing around the same time you and Betty started sucking each other's faces out."

"It's called being in love, Archibald."

Kevin stepped up to the four of them, paper in hand, a wide smile on his face. It wasn't really an essay, the one he wrote, but ti did answer Mr. Weatherbee's question. "Guys, I didn't think you'd mind, but I wrote an 'essay' for all five of us."It wasn't until then that the four remembered their supposed duty for detention that day, but each of them were thankful for Kevin. With only thirty minutes left on the clock before detention is finished, there's no way they would have written an essay of over a thousand words.

"You're a gift from heaven, Kevin. I swear to God, you're the most precious gift of heaven to us."

Kevin wishes it's true.