CINQ

"You know, I have just as many feelings as you do and it hurts so much when someone steps all over them."

~ Claire Standish, The Breakfast Club (1985)

🌻🌻🌻

JUGHEAD

"NOW I DON'T THINK I need to sit with any of you fúckers anymore."

God, why does Betty have to make everything harder?

Jughead was doing such a great job at avoiding Betty—for the first time since their friendship ended, he was able to have some fun, even crack up a little smile. He had new friends, who got his back whenever he needed it. He found ways to distract his thoughts form going back to Betty, though at the end of every single day, before he closes his eyes, her image is still what flashes behind his closed lids.

He remembers everything about her, cherishing every single memory he had with her. And that's all they were now, memories of a beautiful life they no longer had.

Jughead walked to the back of the library, collecting his thoughts and putting it back in order. His fight with Betty definitely shattered him to pieces, leaving his heart in shards. He sat at the corner of the library, closing his eyes and kicking the wall in fristration before he took a deep breath. He needed to look tough when he joins the others again, because that what people like him do—pretend they're badâss, but deep inside are tortured souls.

And so when Jughead walked back out of the shadows, he pretended to be that guy who doesn't give a fúck in the world.

He claimed his seat behind Betty once again, keeping his head down and refusing to look at anyone or anything but his feet and the floor. It was completely silent—no one dared to make a sound after the fight. Betty stared blankly at her desk, tears already dried and her breathing composed.

And just like Betty, Jughead buried the fight into the back of his mind.

KEVIN

KEVIN TAPPED HIS PEN against the desk quietly to pass the time. He stared down at the blank piece of paper like it was some kind of alien, and he wondered what he'd do with it. Who does he think he is?

For starters, he's the Sheriff's son. He's the friendly kid in the hallways of Riverdale High who never really had real friends, and is the approachable student but was never approached by anyone.  He is that kid who wears sweaters with the same color as Barney, no matter how hot it is or what day of the week it is. That's who people think Kevin is.

Kevin knows himself more than other people do, considering that he was his own best friend. Yes, he was the friendly kid who had no friends, the smart kid of Riverdale High.

But did other people know that he was also the kid who got a failing grade in Shop because he couldn't make a light turn on? Did they know that he wasn't just a loner, but a victim of bullying as well?

Kevin sighed put his head down, cheek pressed against the wooden table. The more he thought about the essay, the more he thinks about himself. And, in light of recent events, Kevin realized that he didn't know who he really was. He had an idea of who he was, though, but he couldn't view the whole picture.