Cutting The Ties

Pacing back and forth in the study my mind was whirling in panic, since yesterday I had been setting my back up plans into motion; something I had wished I would never have to do. Closing my eyes as my hands ran over my face again, fatigue making my head heavy and my eyes burn as I sent a silent prayer out; hopefully this would work and I had been carful so I wouldn't break my promise. I had been doing work for smaller firms over the years and they paid me cash in hand, the money was well worth the worry of getting caught by my brother; and now thanks to all the work I had done there was a small untraceable fortune to put my plans into motion. The phone rang and I instantly looked its way knowing who it would be, the various staff members who had been answering the phone when I didn't told me Harry had been calling; apparently he wanted to take me to dinner to discus the contract. But I knew better, he was trying to get me out somewhere alone with him; he knew I wouldn't cause a scene in public and then I would be on his territory. While Nickolas had always been thrived on having me alone or away from the eyes of others besides Harry, Harry himself however had always been in his element in a public settle; where he knew I wouldn't make a scene and submit to him more willingly. Growing under my breath I pulled the mobile out of my pocket and dialled the number I needed from memory, listening to each ring until finally a voice greeted me; but I didn't wait for the greeting to even be finished before I spoke my voice strained with concern. "Is everything ready?" There was silence for only a few seconds before the male voice answered me, the deep baritone familiar to only me as it would stay. "Yes. The house you purchased is fully prepared including the internet and telephone lines which have been made untraceable, food will be delivered by different companies each time and never by the same vehicle; and of course anyone involved in this has no connection to either of us having several handlers and no faces or names. Have you packed? Everything you need, you cannot return once you leave; escape may not be as attainable a second time Y/N" His tone was grave and I silently nodded to myself feeling relived by his assurance, finally managing to answer I hated how shaky my voice had become.

Clearing my throat I looked to the door of the study making sure there was no one nearby, there was cctv of the mansion her that my father used when they held a party or event for our safety; and now I used it to ensure no one would hear for mine. Finding no one in this part of the house I released the breath I had been holding, finally feeling some of my tension release. "I packed everything I value that I could take without drawing suspicion, anything else I can live with losing. I sent all but one suitcase ahead with the delivery people you sent, and I informed the staff of my last minute business trip that I have to leave for tonight... I just need to make one more call" The silent was deafening when I finished until I heard the heavy sigh fill the phone, the male tone sounding almost reprimanding. "You should have done this before now, do it now. The car will collect you at ten thirty, and he will take you to the boat and the final car will be waiting for you on the other side... you can do this Y/N. Do not let all this be for nothing" As soon as the final word was said the phone line went dead and I closed my eyes letting myself take a few calming breaths, before looking down at the mobile in my hand. I quickly did as I had been taught removing the battery and sim card, throwing the now empty shell of the phone and sim into the flames of the fire place before turning to the desk tossing the battery into the bin; I had removed all the serial numbers or anything that could be used to track the phone from it so it didn't matter what happened to it now. Sitting into the old leather chair, and for the first time didn't let myself take any pleasure in it as I took the phone; my hand stilling over the buttons. Closing my eyes I pushed myself to press the numbers I needed before closing my eyes as it rang, hoping it wouldn't be answered and I could leave a message instead. But of course my wish wasn't answered as the voice of one of the men I feared the most filled my ear, and of course his voice was happy to the point of being overly sweet. "So you finally returned my calls Kitten! In that case why don't we make plans for our dinner date? I was thinking Italian-" I couldn't listen to anymore and I cut Harry off, any other time I wouldn't of had the nerve to do it but with my adrenaline flowing somehow I found the courage to do it. My voice sounded strained but calm, and I was thankful for that; I didn't want to make him suspicious and ruin everything.