Hello darling.

Olivia Parker's POV.

"Mom?"

"Hello darling."

"What...how...why." I stumble on my words. I hadn't seen my mom since Archie was born. She vanished a few days later. The whole family was torn. We searched for years on end. No trace was ever found. Not a body. Not a clue.

"Miss me Olivia?" My mom picked up a flower from the vase on the table and picked the petals off.

I didn't know what to say. This woman was presumed dead. Anger rose in me.

"You psychopath! You go missing, you leave me, Dad and Archie and now you show up out of the blue so casually!?" I screech at my mom, or this woman claiming to be.

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms as she tuts at me, "Oh Via, always such a bad temper. Didn't I teach you not to shout at guests."

"You didn't teach me anything. You were gone before Archie could talk properly. Get out. I don't want anything to do with you. You left Dad. He was heartbroken." My heart hurts as soon as I mention our deceased father. He was the only thing that kept me going when mom left.

"Ah yes. Poor Eddie. Such a polite and loyal husband and father. Quite tasty too."

"...Did you just say tasty?"

"Oh please Olivia, you're smarter than that. Besides, you know exactly what I'm talking about."

I gulp as I back away slowly, "You killed Dad. You murdered my father. You left us...missing without a trace."

I recall back to the day where I got home from school, it was a rainy Thursday. Six years ago. My dad always took the day off every Thursday. He would make us pancakes for dinner and we would watch T.V. We looked forward to every Thursday. It was our special day, a day to forget about all the worries we carried.

I arrived home to see Archie in the play-pen, screaming and crying. His face was red and his nose was running. He kept pointing at a figure on the floor. I scooped Archie out and hugged him tight. I ran into the next room to see our father, lying on the floor blood everywhere yet his face was pale white.

Dead.

A sudden 'click' registered in my brain.
"You said he was...tasty. You monster. You're a vampire, you took Dad's life. Why? What do you want now?" I take deep breaths as I back away. I need to escape. I need to get out of here.

"Oh my little darling. Your dad needed to die. He figured out what I was, and where I was. And now, I've come back to finish what I started. I can't have my flesh and blood mixing with the Cullen's. I also want to put a stop to your life as well as Archie's. Something I should have done when you were both younger."

"Stop. I want an explanation. Why did you leave us?" I can feel my heart beat faster in my chest.

"You deserve the truth I suppose. It was January, your father and I were having a rough patch. I just gave birth to Archie. I stayed at work later than usual and met this guy. He whisked me off my feet, he was charming, sophisticated-"

"I get it. Who was he?"

She glared at me in frustration. If this freak was going to kill me, I at least deserved answers first. "He was a vampire. A crucial member of the Volturi. His name was Finn. He claimed that we would start a new life, wherever I wanted. Only if I left you guys behind and never went back."

I process this information quickly, "But you did go back. You killed my dad."

She sighs, "After my disappearance, and no body found, your father was desperate for answers. Eddie began researching the supernatural and talked to the local priest who unfortunately knew about Finn. They put two and two together Olivia. The priest was furious with Finn's antics of tearing a family apart so he sent hunters after him. And killed him just a few days after I was turned. I was angry and wanted revenge. Your father was making pancakes, he nearly had a heart attack anyways when I strolled in."

Our favourite meal.

The tears start pouring down my face, "My dad loved you. And you left him you left your family."

"He took away mine."

"Can't you see it! We were your family. Your kids. Your husband. Did you do that to Carter?" I screech at her, "Did you kill our dog!"

"Never liked the mutt. He smelled really bad." She laughs viciously.

"Get out! I never want to see you again! Stay away from Archie and I. I don't care what happens to you. You chose your family and I have mine."

She rolls her eyes and chuckles, "Oh my darling, your story is only beginning."

She lunges at my neck, sinking her teeth in. Sucking my blood as the venom surges through me. I let out a terrifying scream.  The pain was unbearable. It felt as if I was choking on air.

And with that my head hits the floor and I close my eyes to escape from the suffering.