Of blonde Barbies.

Olivia Parker's POV.

"I'm sorry Ms. Parker but one of Archie's bloods isn't normal. He's going to have to be hooked up to an IV for the night. He's looking slightly dehydrated as well. Don't worry, we have a room for him as we can't risk him catching anything down at casualty." The nurse Theresa smiles as she comes back with Archie's results. Theresa is Italian and seems nice, she's small and stout with her grey hair in a bun. She's very bubbly while knowing how to make Archie laugh.

I sigh, "Ok thanks Theresa. Will I be able to stay with Archie for the night?"

"We can't offer you a bed, you're more than welcome to sleep in the chair beside him."

"Ok, I begin working here tomorrow anyways, I might stay till about ten. I just need to see if our dog is ok, but I'll be back first thing in the morning Archie." I tell Archie and Theresa as we begin walking to Archie's room for the night.

"Ok, but do I get my game back?" Archie questions while using his classic puppy-eyes. He's used to staying in hospitals. It doesn't bother him as long as he has his portable console and it's charger. He must always have a charger with him.

"Sure, only if you start being nice and show some respect Arch. I packed it in your medical bag while you weren't looking, just in case you had to stay." I smile victoriously while passing it back.

Archie thanks me and turns it on. I make sure I have everything needed for my new job tomorrow. I don't need much, but it's nice to have a few colorful pens and small things to try cheer the kids up. Theresa told me tomorrow there's three kids who stay here a lot and need to catch up on their education seeing as the town is so small. She handed me papers from their file, just so I know how to deal with each of them.

The first one is Lyra Raegan Price. She's the same age as Archie, and has a tumor on her liver. It's not cancerous, however they need to keep a close eye on it and give her intensive chemotherapy.
The second one is Willow Beatrice Benson. She's five and has severe cerebral palsy. She was adopted from Asia last year but wasn't medically treated well in her orphanage. Her doctors are trying their best to help her, although even her English isn't good at all.
The third one is obviously Archie. Theresa told me he's actually going to need to stay for awhile with the new chemotherapy and Doctor Cullen's assessment.

If the asshole doesn't decide to go home every five minutes.

Archie doesn't mind hospital anymore. He'd rather be there and looked after than at home and in pain.

"Hey Archie, did you see the deer outside last night?" I question Archie, hoping my eyes weren't playing stupid tricks on me.
"Um, no I didn't. We aren't all crazy." Archie mumbles back, focusing entirely on his console while his IV line keeps beeping.
"Oh, right." I yawn back, slouching in the chair.

A couple of minutes pass and before I notice I am fast asleep in the uncomfortable chair next to Archie. I wonder whether the deer was real, or if my imagination was playing games. It was a long day and we were exhausted after moving. My mind quickly drifts off to dreamland.

I'm in a dark forest. Fog surrounds me and a cold, chilling feeling sends shivers down my spine. I can hear my own heart beat as well as my uneasy breath. I begin walking slowly, making sure to not make any noise. I get the feeling that I'm not alone, as if someone is watching or even if I'm watching them. The silence is deafening yet I walk in a straight line, taking cautious steps. My heart beats faster.
Thump thump.