Where danger lurks.

Olivia Parker's POV.

I leave the hospital at ten in the night. I need to get a bit of rest before I start my job tomorrow and so I can freshen up. Like actually wash my hair for once.

I begin slowly driving out of the car park, although it was mostly empty. Even Doctor Cullen's car was gone. I suddenly hear my phone ring in my jean pocket. Don't be the hospital. I haven't even left the property.

Thankfully, it isn't. Just someone a little less annoying.

"Hey Vi-Vi!" Ruby shrieks hysterically down the phone, "Omg! How's Spoons? Any cute guys!? You won't believe what happened to me today I went to this coffee place. Wait never mind. You go first Vi-Vi!" Ruby uses her obnoxious, fake giggle and waits for me to reply. God why do I bother.

"Oh hey Ruby! Nice to hear from you! First of all never call me Vi-Vi, it's Via or Liv if you must. The town is called Forks. Not spoons. And no, I actually didn't have time to look for guys as we haven't even been here a week and I'm focusing on my job and Archie." I always use this fake voice talking to Ruby. It's sarcastic, bubbly and very high-pitched. Don't ask me why she's my friend. We're complete opposites, except her stories are way cooler than mine, as is her life.

"Oh. Right. So how is Andy?"

"Archie?"

"Mhmm whatever, you know his name." I could practically hear Ruby's eye roll through the phone.

"Ruby...I'm just getting home now, is it ok if I call you after work tomorrow? It's been a long day and I need to go asleep." I secretly beg Ruby to give me mercy.

"Ugh. Ok whatever, enjoy your job being a nurse." Ruby sighs dramatically.

"Oh, I'm not a nurse I am a-"
It didn't matter. She hung up.

I wonder why I'm even still friends with Ruby. Should I just block her number and move on? She's the most attention-seeking, self-absorbed person that I know. Actually I don't know that many people. I guess I'm just friends with her as I don't exactly have anyone else. But she could be friends with whoever she wanted, especially with her lack of brain cells, bright blonde hair and freakishly white teeth, (which she claims are natural.)

Is no company better than bad company?

It's too late to think and pitch dark out by the time I park the car. I stroll inside, turn on the lights and greet Carter. I then immediately run upstairs for a quick shower. The Cullens family stay in my mind for some odd reason. They seem nice, yet something is wrong and I can't put my finger on it. The steam fills the room quite quickly. I start to thoroughly wash my hair when I hear a knock on the front door.

I rush down, throwing on a large oversized jumper and shorts. Who could it be? It's 10:45? I tell Carter to shut it with the barking and open the door to Charlie Swan.

"Hello Charlie, is everything ok?" I question but judging by Charlie's face he looks quite concerned.

"I'm just checking in Olivia. There's been an attack near the hospital. I'm glad you're ok, however Theresa Saccone a nurse who worked there wasn't. Our team found her covered in blood, just after you left. I know you haven't even started working there yet, but Carlisle told me you spoke to her today and got along very well. He wanted me to check in on you." Charlie spoke quickly, as he kept his head down.

Dead.
"Oh god. She was lovely.  How? D-do they know what happened?" I barely can get my words out. Theresa was lovely, this town was meant to be safe and quiet. Shit like that wasn't meant to happen. Her poor family.
"What about her family? Did she have any kids that need to be contacted?

"It's looking like a killing Olivia. We don't know whether it was an animal or not. Investigations are still going on. Theresa didn't have any family. No kids, or spouse and her siblings are all dead." Charlie sighed.

The poor woman, she was so friendly.

"Oh, I don't know what to say to you Charlie. Thank you for letting me know." I rub my forehead and take a deep breath.

"Don't thank me, it's Carlisle who wanted me to check up on you. Here, this is his number if you wanna talk to him." He began scribbling down Carlisle's phone number on a scrap piece of paper, while making sure it's correct from his phone.

"Thanks Charlie. I appreciate it." I smile as I try to process the last ten minutes.

He just nods his head and turns around as I shut the door. I lean my head against the door and slide down it, landing on my bottom. A sob escapes my mouth that I try hard to contain.

Bad things forever happen in this world, no matter where you are.

A murder? An animal attack? What is this town?

I sit on the sofa and take my phone, dialing Doctor Cullen's number. My voice was croaky and just my luck he answered straightaway.

"Sorry to bother you, Doctor Cullen. But erm, Charlie gave me your number and I just wanted to thank you for telling him to tell me about Theresa. I'm sorry for your loss, I know she worked there years and you two were close." I barely manage to say as my voice is giving up on me, right when I need it the most.

"No problem Olivia. And please, call me Carlisle. You're right, she was lovely. It's late but if you need anything to just give me a ring. Anything at all." He said it in a husky, tired voice.

"Ok, thanks Carlisle." I try out his name, it sounds nice to say for some weird reason.
"Again, sorry for your loss. I'll guess I'll see you tomorrow at the hospital."

"Yeah, see you then Olivia. Have a nice evening, get some sleep. Goodbye."

"Goodbye." I hang up the phone and crawl up to bed, with Carter loyally by my side.

I have the same terrifying dream. Carlisle and the deer.

Carlisle and the deer.