Of angry intereactions.

Olivia Parker's POV.

The weeks pass quite quickly. I progress well at my job as do the children. Archie and Lyra understand a lot in math and English and have just recently asked to begin learning Spanish. Little Willow is doing amazing and can tell me her age, height, name, eye and hair color and knows how to hold a basic English conversation and ask her parents for what she wants. Her parents are extremely friendly, and thank me generously for improving their little girl's speech.

Lyra's parents aren't as welcoming. They're very wealthy and posh. They're both lawyers and seem to focus on their career more than their little girl. Her aunt is very involved and spends more time with her than any other relative.

As for Archie, scans have shown this new treatment is working and he's undergoing surgery in a few weeks to speed up the process. He's still under Doctor Cullen however he continues to ignore me since the day Willow freaked and he had that abnormal, intense "moment."

He just holds small talk with me. Boring talk.

Like the weather, or the hospital food. Carlisle only ever properly talks to me when it's about Archie. He ignores me in the hospital corridors, keeps his head down in the car park and swiftly walks away anytime I've tried to bring it up to him, much to that bitchy nurse Amy's happiness.

I suppose some things are better off unsaid. He is my brother's doctor and I should probably just leave it at that.

It hurts, I'm not going to lie. I try desperately to think if I've done anything bad or said anything offensive. Just last week, I turned the corner to see Carlisle in a deep conversation with Edward and Rosalie. They stopped as soon as they noticed my presence. I kept my head down and walked quickly, just giving an awkward smile at Edward as he did help me with the boxes once we moved in. He just looked down too, making me feel even smaller. I took a deep breath and kept walking.

Today is Wednesday and I've just finished teaching the kids, Archie is sleeping with his beanie on although his hair is now visible and growing.

I begin to nod off myself when I hear a knock at the hospital door.

"Shit," I mumble as my hair is a mess, I haven't eaten all day so my stomach sounds like a dying whale and the bags under my eyes look like bruises.

And wow! It's only Carlisle Cullen! How fun!

"Hi Doctor Cullen, well Archie is asleep so can you call back later?" I ask him hoping it's a yes.

He chuckles. The most positive interaction we've had for awhile, "I wasn't here to see Archie. I wanted to ask you something." He smirks as he runs his hand through his hair.

"You see there's this charity ball or gala-like event and I was wondering if-"

I can't help it. I've never been good at hiding my emotions. My eyebrows pull into a frown, "Let's see. Wanted to ask if I was ok after I've been ignored and looked at like I was dirt by your family for the past few weeks? No, instead you just start shitting on about a stupid gala with girls who look like drag queens based on all the cakey makeup packed on!" My temper suddenly spurs. One that I didn't know I had.

I can tell Carlisle is taken aback. His smirk gets wiped off his face. He takes a big breath, "I'm really sorry about that. It was a family emergency."