Hello Via.

Carlisle Cullen's POV.

I laugh to myself as I see my new patient dancing along to the radio, while I park my car. I can't exactly see who he is with, but they seem happy. Although I do hear him get upset, thinking I was laughing at his appearance.

Great start Carlisle. Good job.

I take the stairs up to my floor and get my schedule for the day, which patients need caring and the treatments they need to receive. My first one, Archie Parker. The little boy from the car park. I'm just going to hope he doesn't know it was me in the car.

"Archie Parker." I call out to the waiting room. A little boy with a superhero cape and dark red beanie strolls towards me. "Hello there I'm Archie. I don't like most people, but you seem ok." Archie confidently tells me while extending his hand out for me to shake it.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Parker. I'm Carlisle Cullen and I don't like most people either. But you seem ok." I reply as Archie sits down on the opposite seat in my consultant room. "Who's joining you today? A parent?"

"Well my big sister Via is meant to. But then she shouted 'oh shit' repeatedly as she forgot my breathing machine. She's a bit all over the place. But I think she will really like you." Archie nods happily.

"Good to know Archie. Sorry hero, I can't ask you any further questions without your guardian present. I'll go let her know that you're in here, my nurse Theresa will take your blood test." I tell the little guy while walking out.

After telling Theresa what to do, I walk towards the main door, only to send a young woman flying to the ground.

Today just isn't your day Carlisle.

"Hey look where you're going Mr-" The young woman huffs.

"Cullen. Doctor Cullen. My apologies." I laugh as I help her up gently.

"Wait...did you say Doctor...Cullen? Oh shit I'm so sorry, it's just I forgot something in the car and ran out to get it and-"
The poor girl could barely get a sentence out, she seemed severely stressed.

"It's ok, Archie told me everything, he's in my consultant room right now." I tell her as I finally see her whole face.

Her features are so sharp and breathtaking. I can feel the warmth radiating from her. Her hazel eyes and dark brown hair are so distinctive. I suddenly feel too drawn towards her. I see us laughing, her as one of us, a pile of happy visions flash before my eyes. To say I'm not a fan of this is an understatement. I'm not in control. As one of the oldest vampires, this is unfortunately something too new for me. Suddenly, hunger kicks in. I haven't felt this hungry for a humans blood in centuries. Everything is happening at an controllable rate. Control control control. Remember who you are. I swiftly look down at the ground, clenching my fists. Control control control, are the only words that ring through my ears. I can't hurt her. I don't hurt anyone. I could tell by her heart rate, that she felt a bit of fear too. Yet some of the same feelings I was experiencing. I don't like this. We all made it out alive with Bella and Renesmee by the skin of our teeth. My family won't go through that hell again, not for anyone or anything.

After staring at her for a few more seconds, she breaks the gaze. She begins stuttering but I blur it all out and focus on the floor, desperate for a distraction. All I hear her say is something about my eyes and her name is Olivia Parker.

My eyes. Crap. Why didn't I think of that? I tense as I panic to think of a good lie, one to get me out of the stupid situation as soon as humanly possible.

"Sorry. A family emergency just came up. I really have to go, a nurse from my team will see you and Archie. My eyes change from the fluorescent lights, you're not crazy. H-have a nice day." I say as quickly as I can and turn around to swiftly leave the hospital.

Fluorescent lights? Seriously? Why couldn't I just say that she must be crazy or something other than stupid lights. No wonder Bella figured everything out as quickly as she did. I remind myself to never use Edward's excuses again.

I jump into my car, start the engine when my phone suddenly rings. It's Alice.
"Carlisle tell me you didn't." She panics on the other end.

Her vivid visions are a blessing and a curse.

"No I didn't eat her Alice, if that's what you're implying. I'm sitting in the car park. I need to feed and fast. She noticed that my eyes changed color and I used Edward's stupid excuse. I'm on my way home. I don't know what came over me." I sigh desperately.

"Carlisle...Alice thinks that you two are meant to be, if you get me." Edward says mockingly while Alice shouts that her visions could be wrong.

"No, I barely know the girl. She shouldn't be dragged into this abnormal world. Her little brother is my patient for god's sake!" I shout, slamming the steering wheel and throwing my phone to the passenger seat.

Alice sneers, "Yep. She's the one."

Just great.