Four

Another Father's Day rolled by, leaving Edd all alone in his house. The raven haired boy looked around at the few pictures that he had of his parents and sighed.

His parents were never home anymore, they were too busy to even come spend a holiday with him. That made him feel like they did it only to avoid him.

"Maybe they just don't care," Edd mumbles, tears welling up in his eyes.

The boy didn't want to cry, not over something as his parents not being home for a holiday. Edd remembers when his mom and dad used to be home all the time, spending time with him.

The last Father's Day or Mother's Day that the entire family spent together was when he was 7. He's now 16.

Edd loses it and bursts into tears, collapsing onto the living room floor, sobbing. He wipes at his eyes furiously, wanting the flow of tears to stop.

Suddenly he heard a knock on the door and the knob twist. The raven haired boy went to stand up and go to his room before anyone could see him.

"Edd," someone calls.

Edd knew that voice well, it was Keven. What was he doing here?

"Edd are you okay," Kevin questions. "I heard crying.

Kevin finally saw Edd on the floor and tears and his eyes widened, jogging over and kneeled by his side. He wrapped his arms around the younger boy, holding onto him tightly.

"What's the matter hun," Kevin cooed comfortingly.

Edd whimpered and tried to stop his loud sobbing but to no avail. He clinged to Kevin's jacket tightly, biting his lip.

"T-they don't care for me," Edd wailed loudly.

"Who don't care for you," Kevin asked softly.

Who could not care for the sweet boy? He was just so... Adorable and kind.

"M-my parents," Edd whined out. "T-they never come h-home to see me and t-they hate me!"

"They don't hate you," Kevin said.

The red head knew that Edd's parents were never home and that they only sent money once a month for food. His parents were never home for him.

Edd's parents won't know how much of an accomplishment their son was or how good he did in school. If they did come over, it was only for a day.

"Your parents love you so much Edd," Kevin cooed. "And they are stupid for not coming to see you today or any other damn holiday. Your parents may be doctors but they are both fools."

Edd whimpered quietly as Kevin scooped up the smaller boy in his arms and sat him on his lap. The older boy rocked side to side gently, wanting to calm his boyfriend.

After while, Edd stopped crying and was only left with sniffles and whimpers every once in awhile. Kevin pressed a kiss to the younger boy's temple.

"Why don't you come have dinner at my house," Kevin suggested. "I'm sure my mom and dad won't care... I don't want you alone..."

"I-if you're sure that I-i won't be a b-bother," Edd murmured. "I-i'll go."

"You won't be a bother... I promise you. Now, let's wipe those tears away, yeah?"

Edd smiled shyly and giggled gently at Kevin's words. The red haired boy smiles back at him.

Even if he was alone on Father's Day without his family, it was nice to know that someone would be there for him.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

How was this?
- Alex

Kevedd One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें