Ch. 7 Great Minds

3rd pov

Beacon Classroom arena.

Glynda: I know that is a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparing match, any volunteers.

Glynda: Ms. Belladonna you have been rather docile the past few classes why don't you

Mercury: I'll do it

Glynda: Mercury was it? Very well let's find you an opponent.

Mercury: Actually, I want to fight her.

Glynda: Mrs. Nikos already finished a match, I was actually thinking of y/n.

She looks to the stands and sees that he is not there.

Glynda: Where is he anyway?

Ruby: Oh he got special permission to do some extra credit with another professor during this time.

Glynda: What! Which professor.

Otto Octavious' classroom

Y/n is looking into Otto's notes on a project he was working on while Otto grades papers.

y/n: I am done.

This grabs ottos' attention immediately, as he pushes his chair right across from him.

Otto: So what do you think?

y/n: I think that is his genius. Are AI and humans having a symbiotic relationship with the mind? It's a new technology at its finest.

Otto: Thank you Mr. y/n, it is nice to share ideas from another great mind such as myself, but I would like it if you kept this a secret at least for now.

y/n: Yes sir, I am very good at keeping secrets, but why are you having the AI part of four mechanical arms.

Otto: Well don't tell anybody but Ozpin is thinking of making a robotics class and he is considering me for the job, so I will have to do double duty, and these arms could help me with that.

y/n: So how do they work exactly?

Otto: Well When I put on the extra arms the AI's brain and my brain would be synced so controlling those extra arms would be just as easy as controlling my own.

y/n: But can the AI take over?

Otto: Oh no it's not a smart AI Mr. l/n.

y/n: Cool so when do you think it will be finished?

Otto: By the end of the day.

y/n: But, Mr. Octavius I noticed that the designs are not complete.

Otto: Well I was hoping you can help me with that Mr. l/n.

y/n: Wait, r..really!?

Otto: I believe that if we can put our heads together we can finish it in no time, I already built half of it, so what do you say.

y/n: Yes! Of course! Where do you keep it?

Otto: Here.

He presses a button and the floor opens up and lifts a platform with Ottos' 4 mechanical arms, but they clearly still need work.

y/n: Wait! Where the hell did that come from!?

Otto: Every classroom has one believe it or not.

y/n: That is awesome!

Otto: Ready to work?

y/n: Yes!

Otto: Then let us get to work.