Chapter 4

The bell rung signaling for second class. I ran out the bathroom and immediately looked for Mara and Lily. After I couldn't find them I decided to go for a run.

I ran out the building and ran to the closest forest. I looked around and took off my clothes behind a tree and shifted. I felt slight pain as I heard the similar cracks an snaps. I opened my eyes again and I was on all fours.

I then ran towards the woods chasing a butterfly. I went to a nice looking pond and drunk some water. I looked up and saw the beautiful scenery. I saw grass all around me and birds flying around as well as butterflies. All I heard was chirping and footsteps.

wait...footsteps?

I looked around and didn't see anyone. Just my imagination I guess. Then I smelt another wolf, it was behind a large boulder. I let out a low growl.

Woah where'd that come from?

I couldn't talk. obviously.

I slowly walked towards the boulder. I went behind the boulder to find a Blueish kind of wolf with blue eyes. It was probably the same age as me. It backed away from me, obviously scared. I stopped and cocked my head to the side. I motioned the wolf towards where my clothes were. The wolf grabbed its clothes and followed me. Once we got to my clothes I went behind a tree and shifted then changed into my clothes.

"Shift" I told the wolf. The wolf went behind the tree and changed.

'He's a rouge' my wolf stated

'What? what's a rouge?'

'A wolf that has left, kicked out, or lost its pack'

'Ohhh well what do I do?'

'Just see if he decides to fight'

I was snapped out of my conversation by a boy that was probably the same age as me. He had dirty blonde hair with bluish grayish eyes. He was in a black shirt with a pair of jeans.

"Are you a rouge?" I blurted out. He looked at the ground then back at me.

"I didn't want to be," He said with sadness in his eyes. I felt bad for him and what did he mean by he didn't want to be?

"What happened?" I asked him.

"I was kicked out my pack" He said looking at the ground.

"Why?" I asked trying to get him to look me in the eye. He looked at me for a second then back to the ground.

"I disrespected the alpha" He mumbled. I looked at the poor guy he was probably 16, my age.

"I'm so sorry" I said in a whisper. He looked at me shocked. Probably because most people would shun someone who disrespected a alpha. I smirked at his open mouth. He closed it and went to shift but I put my hand on his wrist.

Now I felt like Carter and Brent.

"What's your name?" I asked him smiling.

"Seth and yours?" he asked returning my smile.

"Natilie, Natilie Burst" I stated feeling proud. He laughed at my little outburst. I joined in and then I asked him the standard questions and it turns out he was 16 and will turn 17 a day before mine.

"Well want to join my pack?" I asked not sure of what he would say. I know my grandfathers best friend, the alpha, would say yes if I begged and if Seth promised to not disrespect him.

"They won't accept me" He said looking down.

"Yes he will if we beg and you promise not to disrespect him, I said trying to convince him.

"Plus, you won't be a rouge anymore" I pointed out to him. He nodded in agreement.

Yes! Wow I felt like he was my new best friend because Mara and I we getting distant. I sighed and Seth looked at me confused.

"Are you going to back out?" He asked fighting back a few tears.

"No, no it's not that I just felt like you were my new best friend but then I thought of my best friend and how we were getting distant" I said frowning.

"Well I can be your new best friend I guess if that's what you want" He said shrugging.

I thought about Mara and Lily and their little war over me. I couldn't so that to them. Honestly, I thought of Mara as my best friend but now I see we were getting distant.

"No I can't just do that to them, they already have a little war going on over me and announcing you as my best friend would just be cruel you know?" I said to him. He looked kinda sad but I knew what would perk him up.

I lifted my hand and saw water rise from the water. Seth saw it too and looked at me in awe. I made a beautiful flower bloom and brought it towards him. He grabbed it and handed it to me.

"A token of our friendship," He said smiling. I smiled back at him.

"What else can you do?" he asked looking at our surroundings.

I formed my hands together and fire appeared. He gasped and I blew at it and making it vanish.

"So the four elements?" He asked and I nodded.

"Is that all?" he asked.

I smirked and ran. He looked at me from a distance. I ran back and he was looking at where I was standing. I laughed as his eyes kept looking back.

"That's it" I said smirking at his reaction.

I heard a growl from behind us.

Carter?

I rolled my eyes but Seth looked like he was gonna run any second. I grabbed his hand signaling him that it was ok but that just made Carter growl louder.

"Stop it, Carter!" I yelled at him. "He's just a friend geez" I said rolling my eyes but I saw Seth frown. did he like me? No he would find his mate in a few days.

Carter lunged at Seth when he stood in front of me.

Why do guys do that? I'm right here.

I jumped in front of Seth grabbing his hand and putting my other towards Carter. Then everything froze.

TIME FROZE! I DID THAT!

I turned around to see Seth unfrozen.

What? then I looked at him and saw our hands still touching. He looked confused then I laughed.

"Let's go before he kills us both" I said jokingly.We ran to my parents house.

Then the world unfroze.

"Mom this is my friend. He just moved here. He's going to stay in the guest bedroom. His parents are...going on a trip.....for.....a honeymoon." I said to my parents who were in the living room.

I took him to the guest bedroom and grabbed scent maskers out my dresser and spayed them on him.

"You start school tomorrow" I told him before going to my room and going to sleep.

----•••----•••authors note•••----•••----••

Hope you enjoyed

Sorry for any errors

Thanks for reading , •Jaz•