45

Head throbbing, Namjoon placed his phone down with a sigh. Leaning back in his chair just enough to drop his head back, in which the boy brought his fingers up to his face. Running the most heavy circles against his temples, only to try and soothe away the pain. Yet everything was still there. Was still there and was enough to make him drag his nose along a few lines of cocaine. Knowing that it'd help. Because it always did.

"Namjoon?" He could hear her voice. Her voice that was always so delicate as Ming caught sight of him sitting there at the poker table all alone. Having nothing more than a bottle of alcohol to keep him company. And she realized that she had never really spoken to the man. That he was more of an extra body than anything else. Because Namjoon was more reserved. Was more to himself and discreet with the way he went about things. Having never cared to speak a lot. Nor initiate a conversation with Ming or anyone else around him.

"You okay?" She let herself take the seat beside his own. Resting the delicacy of her palms within her lap as her gentle gaze caught the redness laced amongst his eyes. His eyes that instantly narrowed at her question. Confused as to why she thought something was wrong.

"You know I'm fine, Ming. . . why?" He took hold of the green bottle lying on the table. Feeling the way it burned his throat the second he could do so much as let the liquid flood his system.

"Your eyes are all red." She sighed out. Earning an immediate laugh from the man who only shook his head. Knowing that the girl was worried for him. Because she cared. Cared about all of them.

"I'm just a bit high right now. That's all." Namjoon met her eyes. Her eyes that narrowed as they caught his own.

"You don't have to lie to me, Namjoon. You know I'm here to talk." And she was. Was there to listen and comfort the man if he ever needed. Because Ming knew. Knew that each of them had problems with handling their emotions. Having never been taught how to properly feel.

"I know, Ming. But really. . . I'm fine." He waved his hand in the air. Readjusting himself within his seat, only to lift the same bottle of alcohol, to his lips.

"I heard you're taking on the deal." And just like that, he caught her attention. Pulling her gaze back to his own as she nodded with a smile. Unable to deny just how much she loved to feel that adrenaline. Adrenaline that each one of them couldn't help but crave.

"I know it's risky, but I thought I'd try." She shook her head. Hiding all that excitement held within her being. Excitement Namjoon could sense almost instantly. The girl was wild.

"Just be safe though, okay? You know we'll be there as well, but you never know what could happen. "

Yet the girl stayed silent. Giving a nod along with a smile towards the boy who watched as she got to her feet. Voicing out a playful goodnight towards the man. The same man who waited until she reached Yoongi's room again. Having left to grab herself something to drink.

And as the bedroom door closed shut, Namjoon ran his fingers along his phone. Bringing the thing up to his ear in an annoyed manner. Feeling more than apprehensive towards this certain call.

"JiSung."