S e v e n t e e n

S h a k e s p e a r e a n
T r a g e d y

     A WEEK PASSED and I didn't hear a single thing from Dawson. Except for the moment when his friends, Liam and Axel, popped their heads into my view, as I ate lunch with my friends.

"Hey, Juniper," Axel said. "Sup, Parker. Mason." He nodded his head to him. They did the same.

"Hey, guys." I told them, still looking at my food. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, just here to ask Nora and Mavis if they wanted to hang out."

I just assumed that they had a thing or they were at least attempting to flirt with my friends because Nora and Mavis weren't always their biggest fans. But I heard, "yeah, sure. Let us just pack our stuff up."

"Yeah, okay. That's fine. Liam and I will be at the car. Just meet us there, okay?"

Once they were out of earshot, I asked, "what do they mean? You hang out with them? Since when?"

Nora shrugged, "they're pretty chill." Mavis agreed," yeah and they're funny."

"Is... he... there when you guys hang out?"

Nora nodded curtly, while Mavis gathered her lunch into her bag. "Yeah, sometimes."

"How is he?"

"He's okay, I guess. I mean, he doesn't really talk to us when we're there." I ignored the fact that Nora didn't should very good at lying to me about that. She was never a good liar, but Mavis was even worse.

"Just keep an eye on him for me, okay? Thanks." I smiled, letting them venture off with their oddly newfound friends.