Zabuza vs Red (part one)

Mulai dari awal

        I raised an eyebrow at Kakashi.  At least he tried, it could almost be taken as a compliment.  But I was pretty sure Zabuza had seen enough of Naruto already to know that that was the best Kakashi could think of on the spot.

       Zabuza slouched his shoulders and began chuckling menacingly,  “He…  He he… He, Haku, you do realize at this rate we’ll be driven back?”

       Haku rose from the ground slowly and the air around us turned as cold as ice.  My breath formed a thick cloud in front of me.  “Yeah…,” Haku said calmly, “We can’t have that.”

      Haku’s hands clamped together and formed a single seal, “Special Jutsu: demonic ice mirrors!”

The water from the clones Sasuke had been standing on shot up and froze in sheets of reflective ice and surrounded Sasuke.  Haku ran forward and dove in one of the mirrors.

       My eyes widened as I realized what was happening.  I saw Sasuke tremble in the center of the mirrors that each showed Haku like a carnival game.  “Damn it!” I screamed and sprinted towards Sasuke.

       Zabuza leapt in front of me, making me skid to a stop on the slick ground that had already turned icy. “Hey, your opponent is me.  Against that jutsu, he’s finished.”

       “Kakashi!  Go help Sasuke!”  I yelled in panic. 

       “Already on it,” Kakashi replied as he hurdled over Zabuza and me and towards Haku and Sasuke.

       Zabuza looked at me with what looked like triumph, “Is that really your smartest move, Red?  Leaving the bridge builder unguarded out in the open?”

        I looked past Zabuza where I could see the dome of mirrors and things flying out of them at an extreme pace.  I heard Sasuke let out a blood chilling scream of pain.  “Sasuke!” I cried, hoping for a response.  Where was Kakashi?  Why wasn’t he stopping this?

       Zabuza chuckled in front of me, “Go ahead, go help them, Red.  If you get past me, I kill him,” he said pointing at Tazuna behind me.  I resented Tazuna so much at this point for getting us in this situation, and I vowed that if we got out a live, I’d kill him.

       I swung at Zabuza, but he blocked it with his rough hands, catching my fist.  I then swept my leg under his feet, knocking him down, but since he had my hand, he took me down with him.  Tai-jutsu had never been my strong point and I didn’t know if I was ready to use my sharingan yet.  The thought of it made my temples hurt.

       I threw my elbow at Zabuza to which he quickly rolled out of the way making my elbow meet the cold concrete beneath us.  I had focused so much chakra in my elbow that it left a hole in the bridge, if only I had hit Zabuza instead.  Zabuza rolled far enough away that I could stand up.  I reached into my pocket and yanked out a kunai knife and hurled it towards the ice mirrors where Haku’s head was sticking out, but he swiftly moved out of its way.  I looked back at Zabuza who began running towards me.  He suddenly stopped and looked in the direction of Haku in alarm.  I looked too and saw Haku leaping out of the ice structure to dodge a throwing star, making every sheet of ice break into water, spraying me with a few icy droplets.