Race for the bells

I'm so happy so many people are reading my story! I really appreciate it!

 Now I did make a change to the very end of one of the chapters "Kakashi Hatake, team 7's teacher" during Red and Kakashi's conversation, you might want to read it for this next chapter to make a bit more sense.

 Thank y'all so much! :D

~

     I hid myself underneath a thick green bush.  Sasuke was a tree above me to my far left and Naruto was…

     Standing in front of Kakashi.

     The idiot!  Why would he rush into battle with no plan what-so-ever?  Naruto stood above Kakashi with his arms folded smugly across his chest, “Let’s have a match!  Fair and square!”

     And I thought the kid was dumb before…

     “Hey, aren’t you a little weird compared to the others?” Kakashi asked.

     “The only thing weird is your hairstyle!” He said running towards Kakashi with tightened fists.  He was actually planning on going to hand-to-hand combat.  Kakashi reached in his pocket and Naruto cringed.  There was no way Kakashi would actually use a weapon against this genin, Naruto would be killed!  I had to intervene…

     I pulled four kunai knifes between my fingers, attaching strings of chakra to them that connected with my fingertips, and hurled them at Kakashi.  He flipped backwards as the kunai pierced the dirt ground where he stood a moment before.  He looked at the bush where I stood, no longer hiding.  I yanked my hand back pulling the kunai with the smooth motion.  I flung my hand towards Kakashi releasing the chakra strings and sending the kunai straight into him. 

     Got him.

     I watched a little puff of smoke come up to reveal a log with all four kunai stuck between the bark.  Naruto gasped.  Of course he’d never seen a substitution jutsu till now.

     I looked around.  Kakashi couldn’t be that far away.  I sensed for chakra.  Sasuke was still calmly perched in the tree.  Naruto was in front of me.  I sensed Kakashi’s chakra before I saw him, right behind Naruto.

     “A ninja should not let his enemy get behind him,” Kakashi said to Naruto.  He was squatted and forming a hand sign.  A tiger seal?  A seal for fire elements?  I’d heard Kakashi was a difficult teacher but to use high ninjutsu on a genin.  He was insane! 

     I was too far away, my only hope was to yell, “Naruto!  Run!”

     There was a glint in Kakashi’s eyes and I could see a smile through his navy mask, “Too late.  Hidden Leaf’s secret taijutsu master art..,” Kakashi raised his seal and shoves it straight into Naruto’s butt, “A thousand years of Pain!”

      So…  It wasn’t ninjutsu.  I sighed in relief.  Just two idiots.

     Naruto skyrocketed into the pond a few feet away.  Kakashi turned around and pulled out a book titled “Makeout Paradise” and began flipping through it.  He lowered his guard around the wrong person.  I began making my seal when two shuriken flew out of the water.  Naruto.  Kakashi, never taking his eye off the book caught them around his fingers.

     This was my chance, Naruto and Sasuke had to pass and I had to help.  They had to learn to protect themselves when the real dangers come.  Hopefully they could follow my lead, “Ninja Art: boiling lava jutsu!”

     Molten lava flowed out my mouth shooting its way towards Kakashi’s feet.  He jumped out of the way but not fast enough, his left foot had stepped in the lava.  I folded my hands into the next hand sign.  I had two options, ignite him and turn him into charcoal or trap him.  I chose trap, “Harden,” I commanded.  The lava on the ground turned to rock keeping Kakashi’s left foot stuck in it.