Thirty-one- blood stained red upon my claws, I can make entire Clans fall.

Froststar awoke in his nest. Sitting up, he let out a long yawn. Blinking the sleep from his eyes, he got up and stretched. With a jolt, he realized what today was: the final attack on WindClan! Today is the day! They will either fall or surrender! The fur on his back fluffed up with excitement, but he quickly smoothed it down with swift strokes of his pink tongue.

Finally, you're awake! I had to stop myself from waking you. 

I guess you're as exited as I am. Froststar understood that it was a twisted type of excitement, for who would be exited for killing and wiping out an entire Clan? That's why he roamed the dark forest, where he belonged. Slipping from his den, Froststar was greeted with a cold leaf-bare sun. Frost cracked under his paws as he walked. It will warm up. We haven't had snow yet. Once outside his den, Froststar looked around. Quickflash yawned, and trotted off to the warrior's den to sleep. Silverspark followed: their vigil was over. Most likely they would sleep all the way up until the time they attacked WindClan. Oneflower and Crowflight were sharing tongues by the fresh-kill pile, which held a few stiff mice. They would have to catch fresh prey before the battle.

Besides them, the only other cats that were up were Shadeblossom and Mousetuft. Froststar nodded to them before leaping up onto high ledge. He spotted Coldrose slipping from the dirtplace tunnel, and she bounded over to him, leaping up by his side. "We're attacking WindClan today," he told her.

"I know, you said it five times yesterday," Coldrose snorted. Froststar rolled his eyes at his deputy, then yowled for a clan meeting.

Cats appeared in the den entrances, still fuzzy-eyed from sleep. Shaking out their fur, one by one they bounded over and sat beneath high ledge. Froststar's gaze swept over his warriors, mentally listing all their names. He glanced at the nursery, and caught Mistfeather's eye. He couldn't read her expression.

"Cats of ThunderClan," Froststar began with a mighty yowl. "Today is an important today, you might be able to guess what we're going to do before I tell you. Today we will finally take down WindClan!" His words were met with silence. Then Shadeblossom broke the silence with a yowl of joy, and soon others followed until his ears were ringing with the sound of yowls. Froststar raised his tail for silence.

"This is not the first time in history this has happened, you know. WindClan was once driven out by ShadowClan. SkyClan, by all the Clans, ShadowClan, by rogues and their own clan mates," he began, launching into a speech. This time, however, we will be removing WindClan permanently. I will not make Brokenstar's same mistakes. "A Clan that is not strong enough has no place here. I have given every warrior an opportunity to prove themselves, and prove yourselves you have. Because of it, our kits will eat well this leaf-bare. But, I will not make any WindClan warriors drive out their former Clan. That would be cruel, and that is not the point of this." Sageweed cackled in his head. '

That would cruel, and that is not the point of this' gosh, you are hilarious!

"I have decided that I will let anyone- apprentices included- volunteer for this final battle. So, anyone?" he asked.

"I will go!" Pigeonwing declared, puffing out his chest.

"Then so will I!" called his sister Pebbleleap, as she leaped to her paws beside him.

"I will come of course," Shadeblossom purred, then nudged the russet-colored warrior next to her. "What about you, Poppyfeather?" her sister blinked.

"Um, sure," she replied.

"We're coming!" Bloodpaw yowled, leaping to her paws with Marshpaw and Fiercepaw.

"Yeah, we wouldn't miss chasing those hare-brains out for anything!" Fiercepaw added. Froststar saw some WindClan warriors wince, and the WindClan apprentices Dirtpaw and Mothpaw pressed themselves to the ground.