Chapter four- Get in my way, and it's you I'll slay.

Frostheart blinked open his eyes, to find himself surrounded by tall dark trees, a starless sky and slimy plants under foot. Sageweed slipped from the undergrowth, her tortoiseshell fur matted and clumped, and she limped when she walked, but Frostheart knew just how much damage she was capable of. With a start, Frostheart realized he could see the forest behind the white patches on his mentor's fur. Sageweed must have noticed, because she let out a harsh laugh. "The Clans are forgetting about me, Frostheart. I am slowly fading. Soon I will need someone else to succeed me, and continue Mapleshade's work," she rasped. Mapleshade had been Sageweed's mentor when she entered the Place of No Stars. Mapleshade had been the cat to seek out others in their dreams, like the long ago Tigerstar, Thistleclaw, and Crookedstar. Not that she was successful with Crookedstar, Sageweed had told him. Once Mapleshade faded away, it was Sageweed who continued to prey on cat's dreams.

"So, what is your plan to kill Stormlight?" He asked. Sageweed eyed him.

"You're really fine with killing your half-brother?" She asked. Frostheart snorted.

"My younger half-brother means nothing to me. He had good potential, yes, but he's in my way," he sneered. Sageweed nodded, satisfied, and lead him through the forest. They walked until Frostheart found himself in the twolegplace. "Why are we here?" He asked. Sageweed said nothing, just continued to walk. That's when Frostheart picked up Stormlight's scent. He watched as the tom stopped at a white fence. He scratched at it, and after a few heart-beats a small fawn-brown she-cat leaped onto the fence, then down onto the grass by Stormlight.

"Stormlight! You came!" She purred.

"Yes. It was very easy to sneak out tonight, everyone was tired from the gathering. Sorry I didn't come yesterday, Penny. I've been very busy since I was named deputy," he said. Frostheart's jaw dropped. Stormlight is talking to a kittypet! The she-cat gazed up at him, such fondness in her eyes. Frostheart could only guess that they were in love.

"Stormlight sneaks over here whenever he can," Sageweed explained. "So all you have to do is set a trap. He could get killed so many ways, the twolegplace is dangerous," she finished. Frostheart traced his claws in the dirt, thinking. "Speak up," Sageweed prompted. He lifted his eyes to look at her.

"I'll come here to scout later, but I don't just want to set a trap. I want the satisfaction of killing him," he said. Frostheart relished the sound of the body thumping on the ground, the warm blood between his claws as he sunk them into his opponent's neck. Sageweed smiled.

"Of course. In the meantime, keep coming to the Dark Forest to train," she said. Frostheart nodded. Ever since he first became a warrior, he trained in the Dark Forest. Now he was so good, he was confident that he could beat every Clan cat by the lake. Even Splashstar, his mind whispered. He pushed it away. That was a job for another day.

*******

Dawn came too quickly, and Frostheart felt tired from his night with Sageweed. His shoulder burned from where he wrenched it, fighting a Dark Forest WindClan tom named Tornwhisker. Tomorrow he was told he would fight Deadnose. Frostheart liked to find out things about his opponents first before battling them. He had heard a ShadowClan elder Shrewfur tell a story about him once at the gathering. She had said Deadnose's name as a kit was Toadkit, and he was excited to become a leader, and be Toadstar. But the Clan found out he couldn't smell anything, and when he became an apprentice, the leader Frogstar at the time, had named him Deadpaw, and then Deadnose. This made Deadnose very upset, and eventually made him bitter and ill-tempered. One time at a gathering, a WindClan tom named Morningburst made fun of him, and Deadnose killed him. Because of this, he went to the Dark Forest when he died a few days later by being killed by a fox. He's very touchy about not being able to smell by the sound of it, so I could use that against him. Frostheart slipped from the warrior's den, and Stormlight placed him on the dawn patrol. As he followed his clan mates, a plan started to form in his mind. Next time Stormlight went into the twolegplace, he wouldn't be coming out alive.