CHAPTER 13

A week after New Year Nate had to leave for Europe for shootings of his movie for more than a month. This movie was taking him a lot of time away from home and they booth hated it. But they both also understood that for career you need to sacrifice family. He didn't even get a chance to linger his staying home for Max's birthday.

"Mum, I don't want a party!" Max ran into her room in the evening in two days after Nate left. It was still a week till his birthday but everything was already planned. It was late to change the plans.

"What?" Christina asked surprised. "Why not?"

"I want to Colorado with Adam!"

Christina was definitely taken aback by his words. She could expect anything but this. Her eyes went wide from surprise as her jaw fell down to the floor not able to pronounce a word.

"Adam invited me to go with him to Colorado for skiing." Max continued. "For a week. Please mum! It would be so much fun!" Max was jumping around with his puppy eyes that he always had when he asked for something. And mostly it worked. But now this wasn't enough. He asked for something Christina couldn't let happen.

"I really don't think it's a good idea" Christina muttered still trying to get what Max was asking her. What Adam offered him. It was a crazy idea and Adam perfectly knew it.

"You can go with us! Adam invited you too!"

"I really don't think it's a good idea for us to go somewhere with Adam" Christina stated.

"Please, mum! You will be able to be friends with him again! At least you can try!"

"And it won't work out. I'm sorry, Max. I don' think it would be a good idea"

"This means no?" Max saddened as Christina nodded. He went out of the room feeling totally upset. But Christina couldn't let this wish of him to come true. She couldn't let Max spend a week with Adam, especially on his birthday. And of course she couldn't go with them. For her and Adam staying so close for a week it would be the worst torture ever.

A couple hours had passed since the talk with her son. Christina already got to forget about what Max asked her for when she heard her phone calling. It was Adam's ID. She sighed hard before answering.

"Hello" she said quietly knowing why he was calling. She didn't talk to his since her birthday. He sent her a couple of texts though and she answered them. Their relationships were getting better though they still tried to ignore each other. At least Christina did. She missed him being near her. She was getting used to the moments when he was near. But it was still wrong. She knew it, so she tried to forget him. But as they were still texting her face always lit up at seeing his ID on her phone.

"Hey, Christina" he answered. "You know, about this idea..."

"It's a bad idea, Adam" Christina cut him off not wanting to hear what he was going to say. She knew how bad this idea could turn out if she agreed. So she didn't want to let it happen. And no matter what Adam was going to tell her he wouldn't be able to convince her.

"Oh, it's gonna be fun! You'll love it!" he said cheerfully.

"Not with you though!"

"With me it would be the best" Adam teased her. Christina stayed quiet as he continued. "It would mean nothing for us. It's for Max and he really wants it!"

"No, it's actually about us. You know us staying so close..."

"What?"

"Never mind"

"Does it mean yes?"

"No!"

"Oh, what should I say to reassure you?" he said with already pleading voice. It seemed he really wanted it. But was it for Max or for Christina?