CHAPTER 3

• Dedicated to Jane Sarukhanian

'I still do, Christina' was echoing in her mind. She tried to find words to give him the right answer but it didn't come to her mind as everything she could think about right now was these words. He still loved her. He loved her then, he loves her now. And he was telling it now. After a couple of days after she got married. It was crazy. She wanted to yell, to get angry at him as he didn't dare to say this to her. But she couldn't as she was watching into his eyes speechless. Her lips parted a little in shock. She was immobilized trying to arrange her thoughts.

He felt her weakness as he moved forward to her face. Slowly Christina was getting to reality at realizing of fact what was going to happen. As soon as she got her ability to move she pushed him away.

"Are you crazy?" Christina yelled with irritation in her voce making few steps away from him.

"I'm sorry" Adam mumbled.

"Just take me home" Christina ordered.

"Oh, we didn't even get to start a talk"

"I don't want this talk anymore!"

"Oh, come on"

"This talk is over. I'm sick of this place. I want to go home!" Christina said roughly. She hated the way Adam continued treating her. It was like nothing had changed. He wanted her and he would do anything to get her no matter how much hurt he would cause her on the way.

Christina wasn't going to wait for his answer as she turned around and continued walking to the car. If he wasn't going to take her home then she would do it herself. She didn't drive but she still had license.

She made a few steps when she felt his arm around her waist. He turned her to face him again. This time he held her tighter. He held her whole body in his arms pressing to his.

"I'm sorry Christina. I'm sorry for trying to kiss you. I'm sorry for causing you pain. I'm sorry for all the messed up things I've made."

"I don't care" Christina's voice was full of cold. "I want you out of my life. That's all"

"I don't." he said calmly looking straight to her blue eyes. "Years without you were so boring, so dark and so sad. I don't want them back"

Christina let out a little chuckle full of scorn. He really thought that he was going to say how much he had missed her and she would be back to him? If so, it was stupid of him. Christina changed through these years. Hurt that he caused her long time ago taught her not to trust him ever again. And she wasn't going to. No matter what sweet words he would say to her.

"Let's make a deal. You spend this day with me and you can ask in return whatever you want"

Christina stared at him for a few minutes trying to think of his offer. "Ok, I stay with you today. But after today you'll be out of my life. Forever. But if something goes wrong the day is over"

Adam nodded smiling as he couldn't hide the happiness he had. He weakened his arms letting her go back to the table as he followed her.

"Don't you have a girlfriend to spend the day with?" Christina said through gritted teeth.

"I'm single"

'Of course you are" Christina muttered.

"Is it bad?"

"I don't care" Christina could notice a piece of sadness in his eyes. Was it a game or was it real? She didn't care. Right now she really didn't. At the moment she wanted to hurt him the way he was hurting her. She hated the way he played with her. If they continue playing this game today she didn't want to be a toy as she always were, now she wanted to be a controller.