CHAPTER 6

Christina ran down the Eiffel Tower letting tears out. She knew what she did was right but why then it hurt so much? She fell for Adam again, the stream of feelings wasn't like a light wind it was like a huge ocean wave that was impossible to handle. She loved him too much she still did.

It was getting harder to breath between sobs. As soon as she reached the ground she fell on it leaning against the cold metal. For some time she lost her ability to move as she rolled up letting tears fall from her eyes. Luckily for her Adam stayed on top of Eiffel Tower so he couldn't see how broken she was. Though a few passing people got to notice her. Her head was hidden in her legs so she hoped noone recognized her.

But she just didn't have any strength to move to quieter place where she wouldn't be noticed. So she stayed there for some time. After she got to calm herself down she had to move back to the hotel. The sun was already rising and it was getting bright as it was half past 5 am.

Coming in the room she found Nate peacefully sleeping. She really hoped he hadn't wake up all these time. She lay on the bed, her back facing him as she let another stream of tears fall from her tired eyes. Christina was too exhausted so she fell asleep quickly.

In the morning she woke up from the kiss of her husband. "Good morning" he whispered kissing her neck.

"Good morning" she answered turning to face him.

"Oh, you look bad" he said.

"Do I?" Christina asked weakly "I just didn't sleep well today."

Christina got to sleep just for a couple of hours and her eyes were swollen from the tears. Definitely she looked awful. Except for her terrible look she also felt worse than awful.

Though Nate believed her as he kissed her lips lightly.

Lucky for Christina she didn't get to see Adam anymore in Paris. Actually she did saw him with a corner of her eye once. He was staring at her from afar but he wasn't going to come closer to her so she just ignored him.

Anyway the city wasn't bringing her any more joy. Eiffel Tower was seen pretty much everywhere and every time she glanced at it her heart ached. This place turned from the most amazing and the most romantic place to a complete hurt.

Christina wanted to get out of it as soon as possible. It was just two days, but it seemed they continued forever as they stayed to be a complete hell for her. Nate was saving her the way he always did. He always made her feel better. He could hug her and she felt relaxed. He kissed her and all problems drifted away. But it was before Adam. Nate could help Christina get over any problem but Adam. Pain that Adam brought her was too strong.

Still she tried to smile and be happy as believable as possible. Though Nate could see that something was wrong. But Christina convinced Nate that it was all because of her tiredness.

As soon as they left Paris Christina was feeling better and slowly was getting to normal self. She didn't get to forget Adam. He was back to her heart and she knew she would have to suffer the same way she did in the past. And she knew it was all her fault. She shouldn't have let him get so close to her, she should have let him in. She should have ended it on that day. That day had to be his last day he ever saw her and talked to her. But she let him own her for another day. The day that turned everything upside down.

Christina left the pain to herself trying to think of it as little as possible. Though when she stayed alone Adam got back to her mind. She couldn't get rid of him completely but it was already easier for her as Nate was always there helping her to forget about him.

It has been already two weeks since they were back home. They were living like a happy family. Max accepted Nate very well. He loved him a lot. For the past couple of years they grew very close to each other. Nate became like a second father for Max.