More Than An Obsession

Shuichi stared out the window tiredly, and nearly about to fall asleep. He didn't get much sleep last night....then again, he doesn't sleep much at all. Every hour of his day, he wants to dedicate to watching Danganronpa. Even now, the only thought running through his mind was that brutal killing show. Despite the teacher moving him to a desk in front of the class, he wasn't paying attention at all to the lecture.

I could be re-watching Danganronpa's 12th season for the 74th time...but no. I'm stuck in this worthless bin of a school.... Saihara thought to himself.

     He raised his hand up to go use the bathroom, course, that wasn't what Shuichi was actually doing. Once the teacher sighed, but nodded at him, they got up and left the classroom. Pulling out his phone, he watched Danganronpa as he strolled around the hallways. His eyes never left the screen, taking in all of the action happening. The student rubbed his eyes since they hurt from looking at the screen for so long.

Danganronpa is not Shuichu's obsession. That is an understatement.

He craved it.

     He needed it.

It was his oxygen.

     It was his blood.

Shuichi Saihara was an empty shell of a human with no identity.

He had no opinions on anything, he had no feeling for anything, he had nothing to look forward to.

But Danganronpa changed that.

He had opinions on Danganronpa, he had feelings for Danganronpa, he had Danganronpa to look forward to.

There were several people that adored the killing game, but they could never be as obsessed as he was.

     Shuichi looked up from his phone after hearing the sound of something being slammed into a locker, along with toxic words and taunting voices.

"What a cry baby! I didn't even hit you yet, newbie!"

"Aweee~ The new student is already crying on his first day~ That's pathetic as hell!"

     A boy and a girl snickered at a short purple haired boy. The guy student held them against the locker while the girl took pictures. Although when they saw Shuichi, they shifted their attention from the purple boy onto him.

"Oh look!~ It's that weird kid with the Danganronpa fetish~" The female stated.

"Ew, I've heard that he gets turned on just by the thought of Danganronpa."

"What a freak!"

Shuichi kept walking though, barely listening.

Their words meant nothing to him.

     The bullies hated the fact that he was ignoring them, and walked over to Shuichi. The guy shoved him, "Aren't you gonna do anything? Or are you too scared!"

"What a sad loser~" the girl chuckled.

     As they were being distracted, the purple haired boy scrambled to get his books off the floor and ran away in fear.

"Tch. I'd rather be a sad loser than a happy bitch." Shuichi spat out to the girl and pushed the short-tempered male aside so he could keep walking.

     The girl huffed like a snob and didn't bother saying anything else, the boy however was furious and charged at him.

     Saihara saw this coming, and pulled out his pocket knife. The bully immediately froze, inches away from the weapon's tip. The blue haired boy's eyes darkened as he gave the other a threatening glare,

"I'll cut you. Don't believe me? Then you can blame yourself for what happens next."

     The bully backed away instantly and growled,

"Okay okay! I get it you psychopath!....Come on babe, let's get out of here...."

     The girl's eyes were wide, and she didn't hesitate to follow the guy down the hallway, leaving Shuichi alone.

Everyone here is so disgusting...

Saihara muttered to himself.