Chapter 50: Worthy Of Love

Start from the beginning

"We'll go dancing, so dust off that fancy dress." He kissed her goodbye and the rest of them looked at him in surprise.

"Well, well, well." I said with a smirk. "Little Kol Mikaelson is in love."

**********************************************************************************

After the newly resurrected brother had been caught up, he agreed to help us. He had taken Klaus' letters to burn and had requested a second away. I followed suit and left the house in order to keep Klaus from trying to talk to him. However, I had been out for about an hour when I saw him about to feed on a human. He knew he wasn't supposed to and I had a half a mind to stop him, but I thought better of myself and decided to see if he could handle it himself. He eventually did the right thing and compelled the lady to leave.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Never been better." He replied.

"That have something to do with Miss Claire?" I asked with a knowing smirk.

"Perhaps."

"It's a shame, I rather enjoyed you being in love with me." I teased.

"Well a good friend of mine let me know that I should have given you up a long time ago. You loved Nik and you always did. A friend that I have recently learnt is my resurrected nephew."

"Elliott?" I said with a chuckle. "He is a bit of a sassy pants, isn't he?"

"An incredibly powerful one that can jump through timelines." He told me in surprise. "And is also your husband's son. It's funny."

"What is?"

"I just am almost 100% sure that in a different timeline, you and I are together. And you love me. And as little as a few years ago, I would have longed for that life. But the fact that now I don't want that, that I don't want to be with you, solidifies the fact that Davina and I are meant to be."

"I'm happy for you, Kol." I said with a bright smile.

"Thanks. And thank you for your distraction tactics." He told me knowingly.

"What distraction techniques?" I replied, feigning ignorance.

"Oh come on darling, I'm not that oblivious." He said with a bright grin.

"Alright, you caught me. You may not still be in love with me, but at least I can still comfort you in your time of need."

"A part of me might always love you. Fiore Mikaelson, but at least I'll know, that you were more than worthy of that love." I smiled at him and he smiled back before the two of us went our separate ways.

I entered into the bar where I met with none other than the reclusive Camille O'Connell herself. I waved at her and she took a deep sigh before reluctantly inviting me to sit with her.

"I thought this would be a lot harder." I told her with a chuckle.

"I know the way Mikaelsons work, it's best if I just do what you want me to." She said with a shrug. "So what do you want Fiore?"

"Is forgiveness an option?" I asked her sheepishly.

"Forgiveness?" Cami said with a bitter chuckle. "You do know that both the people who are responsible for my death are alive because of you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Hayley thinks she killed Odessa but it's mighty convenient that all of her stuff is gone. And if anyone wants to visits dear old Andie, she's right on our doorstep, chilling in the cemetery." She snapped. "Because everyone knows that you wouldn't want either of them to die."

"Cami, I had no say in anything." I told her.

"Yeah neither did I when I became a vampire." She shot back. "But at least one good thing came out of it. I used to be in love you Fiore. And everyone knew. Except you apparently. But that part of me was human. It's gone. And now—I don't feel a thing for you." Cami glared at me before flouncing out of the bar and leaving me by myself.

"Fiore Mikaelson, you're still around." I turned to see Vincent walk in with an unfamiliar man. He whispered something into a reluctant Vincent's ear who stalked grumpily into the kitchen.

"And you are?" I asked somewhat nervously.

"Was my life that meaningless to you?" He said with a chuckle.

"Probably."

"Cortez, Gaspar Cortez." He replied with a bow.

"You again." I said with a roll of my eyes. "I knew I should've killed you from the start, but Nik was so adamant on letting you stew in your anger."

"You always were the smart one." He told me. "Could you get me a drink please?"

"Do I look like your maid?" I asked turning back to face the bar staff. It was then that I noticed they had all been compelled. Along with everyone else in the bar. "Hello love? Are you alright?"

"I wouldn't do that. You disturb him and things will go sideways for everyone in this bar." He said with a smirk. "I knew that I couldn't compel you, so I found other ways to make you do what I want. These people don't want to kill their friends and if you behave they won't have to."

"Leave them out of this." Vincent said sternly.

"Don't worry, I'll let you both go, when you find what I'm looking for." He replied calmly.

"Am I allowed to know what that is?" I asked as I pulled out my phone to alert Klaus.

"I'll find you the white oak, man."

A/N: And if you want to see the timeline in which Kol and Fiore are together, you should check out my other series The Red Herring! In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! I really appreciate it! Love you as always! X