"I'm sorry . . I'm not supposed to pry deeper," she said.

"No, it's fine. Apparently, the one who injected Jimin or I'd like to call as X, is able to speak to Jimin by heart. I don't know how, but the injection made the speaking possible. Basically, it's like X is controlling Jimin's life. He is also able to see and hear what Jimin sees and hears."

"So. . when I told Jimin that my dad was busy researching about a cure about him, I guess X immediately nudged him to kill my parents."

"I assumed that the reason why he didn't kill them immediately was because he wanted the research to be done first so that he could take it. But luckily, when my dad knew that Jimin came, he quickly hid everything that has connections to the research."

"But X knows that it's still somewhere in the packhouse," I ended.

"Oh and before you say sorry about my parent's death. Noona, it's not your family's fault alright?" I said.

She nodded, smiling apologetically.

"I'll be making breakfast since you probably hadn't had any," she said, exiting the room.

I nodded and looked at Taehyung, aware that he didn't know anything about this.

He had a really shocked face. It was kinda amusing, finding it from the always-composed guy I've ever known.

"So is that why you don't really hate this guy?" he asked.

"I hated him of course. I mean who wouldn't hyung? He killed my parents. But, I can't fully blame him either," I sighed.

"When are we going to the human territory then?" he asked.

"Not yet. When the intruder comes, we catch them and interrogate them first," I said.

"Alright."

Areum's p.o.v

I'm bored.

Maybe I should go for a run and look around.

"Min-ah, can I go outside the packhouse for a bit?"

No answer.

"Min-ah?" I called as I checked on her.

We were currently in her room, hanging out. I was looking out the window, so I didn't know what she was doing.

"Oh. She fell asleep with Seoyi," I chuckled.

I exited the room quietly, careful not to wake them up and greeted anyone I came across to on my way out of the packhouse. It might be right to say that this packhouse has 4 areas. The back is where the park is located. In front of it is where all sorts of rooms like the library, and cafeteria are located. Afterwards, there are the rooms where all the people stay in. Lastly, the front is where the hall is located. The whole packhouse is surrounded by tall walls, except for the park which is said to be an outdoor park although it is still part of the packhouse. 

As I told the guards of the gates that I'll be going for a walk, to which they gave permit to and opened the gates, I changed into my wolf form and immediately sprinted along the trees and bushes.

It really is beautiful out here.

I stopped and reverted into my human form when I saw an abandoned garden.

Too bad . . it must've looked beautiful before. It even has swings.

Maybe I could ask Jungkook to take care of this place. He'd agree.

I should take Min-ah too the next time I go here.

Suddenly, I heard some rustles in the bushes.

"Who goes ?!"

Silence.

I changed into my wolf form and quickly ran back into the packhouse, suddenly remembering that Jungkook had warned me not to go anywhere outside the packhouse.

He's gonna kill me for this.

'Who is going to kill you honey?'

Did someone just mind-linked me?

I somehow recognized the voice.

But. . who?

Jungkook's p.o.v

We spent quite a while at Mina's packhouse. I felt bad about leaving Areum all the time, but I hope she understands that it's for the sake of the packhouse. It really is too early for me to be having a mate as there are still so many problems I have within the packhouse and out. I hope we don't end up like some of the wolves who died because of parting ways with their mate. I just hoped that we could work, somehow. 

We came home earlier than we thought, only to be welcomed by a panicked Minrae.

"Alpha! Luna, she-"

"Where is she ?" I asked Minrae.

"I don't know. I'm panicking myself. She wasn't here when I woke up," she replied.

"Aish," I groaned as I mind-linked Taehyung.

'Hyung, Areum is gone.'

'Alpha. Someone has just said that they saw her going outside the packhouse.'

'What the fuck?!  Who had even let her out? We have to find her now. Who knows if there are any humans out there!'

'We'll be heading out now.'

I changed into my wolf form since it runs faster and headed out of the packhouse, only to find Taehyung and the selsas when I was halfway out.

They've found her.

'Thank goodness she's okay.' I said in relief.

'She was followed, she's trembling right now.'

'Take her back to the packhouse. I'll look around for the intruder.'

He nodded and ran back to the packhouse with Areum.

I looked around and tried to sniff out any scent of human beings.

Strange enough, there was none.

'Hey Jungkook. It looks like you got a mate.'

This voice.

It couldn't be . .

'Park fucking Jimin ?! How are you able to mind-link me?'

'Just be ready. I'm going to raid all that's left of you. Before you know it, everything that's precious to you will vanish into thin air.'

I tried replying to him, but he would just shut it off.

Did the injection abled him to mind-link anyone ?

Oh God.

He's very dangerous.

I ran back to the packhouse and went straight to my room, where Areum was at.

"Areum!" I called.

She was still trembling, sitting down on the bed, comforted by Minrae.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"W-Was I going to be t-taken away again? N-No. ."

"Areum?" I called.

Taken away?

What did she mean by taken away?

line groupchat open!♡ drop your id or pm me!
- - - -
a/n : ahh so many information in one chapter. anyways thank you so much for everyone who has been supporting this book :) i'm glad this book is getting enough love ♡

i will update daily! have a good day! ♡

oh and do tell me if anything is turning out weird, i will fix it :)♡

last edited : 101219