four

Areum's p.o.v

It had been quite a while since he was gone. Minrae had gone back to her room to accompany Seoyi for her afternoon nap, and so I went back to my room, still unfamiliar with the place. It was quite comfortable to be here, to say the least. I was welcomed and everyone was friendly to me. The only thing was that my mate was still too mysterious. 

I can't really blame him for leaving for an urgent business. But I have to say that I feel quite disappointed that even someone he claimed as his Luna, wasn't allowed to know what was happening within the packhouse. I sighed. "I'm sure he has his own reasons. No need to be so discreet, Areum," I told myself. 

It was already 7 PM. Maybe I should try cooking? It's what I frequently do when I have nothing to be done at home. "Let's see what we have in the kitchen," I mumbled to myself as I tied my hair up. Hmm, mushrooms would work?

And with that, I started making wonders in the kitchen. "..how confident of me to even think of that."

"Jagiya! I'm home!" a very familiar voice said.

I chuckled at his childish behavior. Why not give him a chance? See if he blows it or not.

"Who are you calling jagiya?" I asked him playfully as I tasted the soup that's still cooking.

"Hmm, I don't know, is there anyone else in the kitchen?" he chuckled as he walked over to me.

"Well . . since you're here, I might as well ask you if this fits your liking," I smiled as I took a spoon of the soup, blowing it softly to cool it off.

"Ooh."

"What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Are you acting like my mate now?" he smirked.

I sighed as I switched off the stove.

"Look. Right now, I don't like you. But, since you are my mate . ." I paused.

"Yeah?" he smirked wider.

"You know what, nevermind. You'll probably just rub it on my face all day long, now open your mouth," I rolled my eyes.

"Aww fine," he laughed as he opened his mouth as I fed the soup to him.

"So? How does it taste?"

It's actually my first time cooking for someone outside my family, so I'm pretty nervous to see how'd he like the taste. I usually only cook for mom and Jisoo, never for anyone else.

"Wow."

"Wow isn't an answer Jungkook," I eyed him.

"No, like seriously wow! You don't seem like someone who does this kind of stuff," he said.

"What did you think I'd do?"

"You know, kicking asses, roasting your friends, that is, if you have one, considering you are very sassy towards me," he chuckled before smirking.

"Shut up, I only show my attitude towards people I don't like!"

"Wait. You're telling me that you like me now ?" he smirked.

Okay, wow. If he's not my mate, I don't know what I'd do to him.

"Just go eat," I sighed.

"No! Tell me first," he pouted like a child.

"Stop being a baby," I chuckled at his face.

He grinned before heading to the dining table as I prepared him the food. He was cute, I admit.