Thirty-Four

Austin
Who are you?

Unknown
Someone.

Austin
I don't have time for your games man!

Unknown
You're right you don't...In fact you have only days maybe even hours depending on when she won't be busy.

Austin
Look can you just leave her alone she has been through enough. She doesn't need this added to her life experience.

Unknown
I could, but I think I've been in love with her ever since I met her.

Austin
Jay?

Unknown
You wish I was, but I'm not. In fact, I don't even look like him so he is out of the list of people.

Austin
Look tell me who you are and maybe we can come to an agreement on something. Just leave her alone please.

Unknown
I will leave her alone when I'm satisfied.

Austin
What does that mean!?!

Unknown
Don't worry about it, you should be worried about how she's getting home all by herself in that dress.

Austin
Asshole. Leave that event.

Unknown
It's already over, Austin. I'll make sure she gets home safely for you though.

Austin
Thanks but I will be waiting for her outside her place.

Unknown
Well played. I got eyes on you too, don't get it twisted. Goodbye.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

"This is about to be ugly." Austin turned off his phone. "Told you not to do it." Alex stood up from the couch. "I fucked up." Austin drug his hands down his face. "I have to go, thanks for dinner." He said before gathering his things to head over to Aaliyah's place.
"I should've stopped him." Alex told himself as Austin closed the door.

Austin jumped in his car firing up the engine, then drove off without letting the car warm up. He drove as fast as he could in the New York streets, didn't obey some laws, but in the moment he couldn't have cared less.
He reached the last street he had to turn down, he tensed up again as he approached her apartment. He didn't know if he was too late or right on time. So waited on the doorstep until something or someone came.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

Aaliyah was sharing a cab with some girls she meet tonight. These may be her first New York friends if things go good between them. One girl, Diana, had soft brown skin with hazel eyes and medium curly hair. She works as an assistant at Mariposa Communications. The other girl works at the same place, but as one of the designers who draw up ideas. Her name is Kim, she has long black hair with brown.
"Hopefully we can hang out soon!" Diana spoke up as they pulled up to her apartment. Then they see someone just pacing around outside.
"Aaliyah, do you need us to walk you inside?" Diana asked pointing out the window.

Aaliyah looked in the direction and realized it was Austin. She smiled, "No it's fine it's my boyfriend." She opened the door. She took out her wallet and paid for her fare of the ride, "Thank you." She told the driver. "See you guys later." She waved at Kim and Diana.
She closed the door and called out Austin's name, he quickly stopped pacing and ran up to her, embracing her into a hug. "You weren't answering my texts. I thought something happened." He pulled back looking in her eyes.
"Sorry my phone died as I was leaving." She sighed. "I'm sorry."
"It's okay, I just don't want to break the promise I made to your mom." Austin grinned and threw his arm around her.